• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Anderson vs Nemkov 2 in November. Additional rumor says Fedor vs Bader

Bellator HW has always been a mess of a division though, it's one of the constants of history.

They kept Konrad fairly inactive and with a steady diet of regional level talent, then he retired. Volkov's reign ended as soon as it began due to Minakov, and then Vitaly went MIA for years due to his politics career but they refused to strip him and do something with the belt for some weird reason. Then, when they finally decided to move ahead and do something with the title's vacancy, they filled the tourney with blown up has-beens and a single fighter you could argue was still at his peak, who predictably won the belt.

I don't think there will be a single point in time where people will look at Bellator's HW title and think "Wow, it carries so much prestige!".
Dude, I would love to go back to the HW Grand Prix and just rebook that whole HW division differently. So many of the decisions that Bellator made were just head-scratchers.

Has fedor confirmed this is his last fight or is bellator extending his contract having him fight for a belt

If he wins the belt, his contract will automatically be extended.
Do you have a source for this by chance? I haven’t heard that, and I recall not long ago Coker saying that Fedor’s contract was such that Fedor could end it at any time.

Fedor should not fight Bader.

This is the fight to make:

main-qimg-3e03bb64b2312d7d9bf6e1608ce5c174-lq

How awesome would this fight have been between 2003 - 2006? I remember being super excited about Wanderlei in the OW GP. We just don't get amazing tournaments like back in those days anymore.

Bader has had 1 camp against Fedor , Fedor has had 3 camps against Bader , 2 of which were after Fedor vs Bader ( Bader vs Fedor, Nemkov then Moldavsky ) . This bodes well for Fedor .
But , to quote Chael , " When a younger fighter beats an older fighter and then they rematch … the younger fighter wins again only easier .”

Last edited:
Bader has had 1 camp against Fedor , Fedor has had 3 camps against Bader , 2 of which were after Fedor vs Bader ( Bader vs Fedor, Nemkov then Moldavsky ) . This bodes well for Fedor .
But , to quote Chael , " When a younger fighter beats an older fighter and then they rematch … the younger fighter wins again only easier .”
Fortunately, Chael is known to be wrong on literally every fight prediction he makes. :)

Just dont have interest in another Bader fight but watch Fedor win the title.

Perfect scenario = Fedor KOs Bader and then retires thus setting up a HW GP for 2023. We have fresh blood in HW where it would be much more interesting now. Maybe sign Overeem or someone to get more interest.

Edit: I just remembered Linton Vassell is pretty much due for a title shot.. So I guess they could do Vassell vs Fedor in UK if Fedor dosent want to retire

Last edited:
Do you have a source for this by chance? I haven’t heard that, and I recall not long ago Coker saying that Fedor’s contract was such that Fedor could end it at any time.
Champions clause. Don't know if Fedor is the exception to the rule, but the champions contracts (Bellator) are written so that they automatically extend until they (fighter) come to terms on a new deal.

It's the same reason why McKee (as champion) was obligated to rematch Pitbull, despite saying that he wouldn't take another fight for anything under seven figures.

Perfect scenario = Fedor KOs Bader and then retires thus setting up a HW GP for 2023. We have fresh blood in HW where it would be much more interesting now. Maybe sign Overeem or someone to get more interest.

Edit: I just remembered Linton Vassell is pretty much due for a title shot.. So I guess they could do Vassell vs Fedor in UK if Fedor dosent want to retire
I like both of those ideas a lot. It’d be kind of fucked up if they had to do another Grand Prix to crown a HW champ, but Bellator loves spamming GPs anyway. But I agree, if Fedor decides not to retire—and I have a sneaking suspicion he might do that—a fight with Vassell in the UK would be perfect. Fedor has never fought there before.

This would be ideal for Bellator, it would force Bellator to sign some new blood for the division.

Fedor retiring as champ would be a great story for Bellator.

The championship is held by an out of prime, boring fighter who's career was at LHW. i don't think Bellator would lose much sleep if the title was vacated.

As others said it's an excuse for a GP anyway.

That would be a fucking awesome main event fight card. Nemkov should be better prepared for what Corey will bring to him and I can only hope for a healthy Fedor on that night. Can never count Fedor out of any HW fight he still has the power to KO any HW on the planet with 1 shot. If Fedor were to KO Bader SHERDOG would crash yet again.

Back