Anderson Silva's showboating

bbandit925

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anderson seemed like he begun showboating after getting tagged repeatedly in the first two rounds by Bisping. Bisping was too focused and Anderson was hoping to throw Bisping off his game with his showboating.

Anyways, my question is, why are so many people saying that Anderson would have won if he wasn't playing around? It seems to me like Anderson was playing around because he was becoming nervous, what do you guys think????????????????????

The playing around / showboating moments = him not THROWING anything.

It was cute & slick, maybe even chuckle-worthy at times, but it also meant he wasn't actually trying to be offensive and land strikes, while Bisping was peppering away with combos.

He got outhustled by spending too much time goofing off.

The playing around / showboating moments = him not THROWING anything.

It was cute & slick, maybe even chuckle-worthy at times, but it also meant he wasn't actually trying to be offensive and land strikes, while Bisping was peppering away with combos.

He got outhustled by spending too much time goofing off.

The way I saw it was, Anderson was showboating hoping for Bisping to throw recklessly, when Bisping throws recklessly Anderson was looking for the counter up elbow (this happened multiple times in the fight but they all missed).

Anderson was not gaining points by showboating, which he spent a lot of time doing. He was most successful when he became aggressive. The fourth round really called for him to follow up on his success at the end of the third. The showboating and lack of aggressiveness was so frustrating at that point.

That's Anderson. It's a double edged sword. If he KO's the guy he looks like a martial arts wizard and if he doesn't he was "goofing off".

The bigger problem imo is that he was doing it with his back up against the cage so he really looked like was doing nothing.

Either way, great fight.

Anderson seemed like he begun showboating after getting tagged repeatedly in the first two rounds by Bisping. Bisping was too focused and Anderson was hoping to throw Bisping off his game with his showboating.

Anyways, my question is, why are so many people saying that Anderson would have won if he wasn't playing around? It seems to me like Anderson was playing around because he was becoming nervous, what do you guys think????????????????????

i think your question mark key is stuck.

also, anderson is a counter striker by nature, and bisping (to his credit) didnt over commit.

i thought anderson looked too hesitant. i felt like he couldve gone berzerk in there and made it a short night.

It was entertaining to watch but not very effective

Anderson was always a Low IQ fighter, could get away with this S**t in the past, not anymore. Reflex & speed are not the same that they use to be

he did this in his first fight with weidman. he got taken down as soon as the fight started and was on the receiving end of some brutal gnp. he only got up because weidman went for the leg lock. weidman then landed some nasty shots in the clinch against the cage. anderson then decided to start taunting and clowning, in my opinion, because he knew the only way to win the fight was to make chris emotional enough to make a mistake.

Anderson was always a Low IQ fighter, could get away with this S**t in the past, not anymore. Reflex & speed are not the same that they use to be
I personally think he decided Ali's showboating was so great, it should be done every fight, even in precipitous situations where it makes no fucking sense, and suckers call it "drawing them in for a counter"

Anyways, my question is, why are so many people saying that Anderson would have won if he wasn't playing around?
because I still remember the Anderson that appeared 10 years ago.....the no dicking around Silva that wrecked my fav at the time Rich Franklin......I also remember the Silva that helped me because less than casual...the clown that fought Demian Maia

I think Anderson does that to get himself in a rythm. Only difference is he's clearly gun shy. The previous losses, age, and ring rust have been contributing factors in his inability to pull the trigger.

A part of me feels like silva could have won that fight at any point in time, opted to screw around and paid for it.

like when hendricks coasted the 5th round of the GSP fight.

Anderson hasn't had the confidence he used to, he should hang 'em upsoon. That was a sad performance, he used to eat up fighters like Bisping, who may never be a top # 3 guy. He was showboating to get Bisping to make a mistake, but he never did. Silva was hardly engaging in the fight. He had good moments, but not enough.

because I still remember the Anderson that appeared 10 years ago.....the no dicking around Silva that wrecked my fav at the time Rich Franklin......I also remember the Silva that helped me because less than casual...the clown that fought Demian Maia

Well. Once he realized rich couldnt handle the clinch it was adios muchachos. Bisping was able to shove him off,although he did land a good knee to the body at one point

Back