Anderson Silva's record vs Mousasi's record

Anderson has:
  • Fight of the Night (Four times)
  • Knockout of the Night (Seven times)
  • Submission of the Night (Two times)
  • Longest title reign in UFC history (2457 days)
  • Longest win streak in UFC history (16)
  • Most finishes in UFC history (14) - tied with Vitor Belfort and Donald Cerrone
  • Most finishes in UFC middleweight division history (11)
  • Most finishes in UFC title fights (9)
  • Most knockdowns in UFC history (17)
  • Most knockdowns in UFC title fights (10)
  • Most "Knockout of the Night" awards in UFC history (7)
  • Most knockouts in UFC title fights (7)
  • Most wins in UFC middleweight division history (13)
He has a much better record.

Mousasi beats Anderson imo, Silva looked spectacular against completely average strikers whereas Mousasi looked good against top strikers. Mousasi should really have had a title shot but for whatever reason it just never materialised.

what top strikers dId mousasi look good against?

The best strikers he fought were hunt and manhoef and he didnt trade with them

Moose had arguably better wins (and more of them) but in the UFC he always fell short in big fights. Losses to Machida, Souza and Hall really hampered his career. Still a great fighter.

Well aware of that. But I want to know your opinion about the quality of their opponents.

Same for D'z
I concede to Moose having the more difficult list of opponents.

To be fair the versions of Vitor and Hendo Mousasi beat weren't at the same level as those Anderson did although equally Anderson didn't beat the Hooft Vitor either.

He
what top strikers dId mousasi look good against?

The best strikers he fought were hunt and manhoef and he didnt trade with them
Mousasi has also ventured into kickboxing and boxing though at periods of his career.

I am a huge Moose fan, but Moose beat some of the bigger names due to game planning as he is proficient with striking and grappling. Silva's wins were more spectacular, where Silva looked unmatched in the striking department in his prime compared to all of his other opponents whereas Moose displayed more of a GSP-esque skillset where he is well-rounded and fights his opponents based on their weaknesses.

Plus Silva had that aura, he was nearly beat by Chael of all people and somehow pulled a hail mary triangle out of his ass with less than two minutes remaining in the final round, and he had lost all rounds. Silva beat TRTor, a young Leben in spectacular fashion, toyed with Maia, submitted a BJJ black belt in Lutter, submitted USA Olympic wrestling alternative hendo who just started taking TRT at 36 years old.

TLDR: Silva looked as if he was in a class of his own, Moose fought by game planning against his opponent's weaknesses like pre-MW GSP.

Last edited:
Fight record isn't a good metric - nor is opponents unless you really want to start grading people at different times in their career. It's just about impossible and only opens the field too far. I think Anderson is a better fighter. While Mousasi is badass, and way underrated, *AND* I have no trouble seeing him beat Anderson in any time-warp match such as '06 Anderson vs. '11 Mousasi -- he has not established dominance in the way Silva did. Anderson is a legend- and he authoritatively dispatched all challengers for a long spread.

The only thing Mousasi has over Anderson is making Weidman panic wrestle and disgracefully quit and try to act his way into a cheap DQ win. Mousasi completely destroyed Weidman's legacy forever, shattering it into so many pieces it can never be repaired.

And Mousasi is one of my favorites but other than that, TS is a dumb troll.

Did you actually watch the Chonan fight, Anderson was absolutely killing him standing up. Find some gifs of Ryo’s striking in the fight other than 2 leg kicks.

Dont see Mousasi ever beating Anderson at his best... Anderson is too quick, with better reflexes and timing...
he beats Mousasi no doubt

Moose really didn’t beat too many top guys in the ufc, just weidman who lost 2 in row already and the stoppage was weird. Other times when he fought bonafide top contenders he lost (jacare and machida)

Also has that Urijah Hall L

Did you actually watch the Chonan fight, Anderson was absolutely killing him standing up. Find some gifs of Ryo’s striking in the fight other than 2 leg kicks.

...lolwut?

you should heed your own advice and actually watch it.

edit: found better link with audio actually in sync

Last edited:
I like them both and both are tough sons of hitches.

This kinda thread is a waste of hot air.

It's close enough that Moose may surpass Anderson with just a few more wins. Rory being a good start.

Anderson Silva - 34 wins, 8 losses

Best wins:
01. Vitor
02. Franklin
03. Forrest
04. Chael
05. Hendo
06. Maia
07.Bonnar
08. Okami
09. Leben
10. Marquardt
11. Lutter
12. Leites
13. Sakurai

Gegard Mousasi - 44 wins, 6 losses, 2 draws

Best wins:
01. Weidman
02. Belfort
03. Hendo
04. Mark Hunt
05. Jacare
06. Sokoudjou
07. OSP
08. Latifi
09. Goodridge
10. Manhoef
11. Lombard
12. Sobral
13. Munoz

MENTION: the listing is random, I am not saying Lutter was better than Sakurai, for example.

If I forgot someone, please do tell! Thanks!

So, who has a better record, in your opinion?!

giphy.gif

adv.gif
The version of Vitor they fought is completely different.Just naming fighters name doesn't mean much.GSP beat BJ Pen and Dennis Siver also beat him but the difference is HUGE.

Back