Anderson Silva vs. Diaz

jazzmatazz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If Diaz wins, I thought I read then there is definitely going to be an Anderson/GSP fight. This doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't it be with A.S./Diaz?

Sorry if been asked, but I can't search for some reason.

Inb4 a bunch of Diaz fans claiming "it would be competitive".

edit: DW said(paraphrasing) that if Diaz wins, "then we'll do Diaz/Silva." Grain of salt, of course, but I'm sure the UFC would love to put on a fight like this.

it would be a beating similar to the Leben Beating and i'm a diaz fan.. hate to say it please don't set that fight up

I said it in the other thread about this (possible) match-up: even as a certified Diaz hater I would feel bad for Nick if this fight got made.

But I'd pay to see it.

Anderson by back against the cage elbow KO.

Anderson would head kick Diaz into the stands.

If Diaz convincingly beats GSP then I'd watch them fight just to get a laugh and the beating Diaz would take from Silva.

I like diaz but he would get a royal ass kicking from anderson. His style is perfect for silva to give a beatdown.

I'm sure Silva would take it no prob but I'd still be interested to see them fight. Diaz never backs down and he is damn hard to finish (nobody's done it yet except a doctor stoppage for a cut and Nick was damn sure ready to keep fighting then).

Also, they both love putting their hands down when their fighting standup. It'd be funny to see them both standing their with their hands down taunting each other.

The good thing if they ever fought would be that you knew Diaz would pass the drug test afterward due to Anderson knocking the THC out of him.

Diaz has the chin and cardio to go 5 rounds with Andy....plus he's willing to stand up with Andy.

The good thing if they ever fought would be that you knew Diaz would pass the drug test afterward due to Anderson knocking the THC out of him.

if he showed up to fight and wasnt demoted for not attending weigh ins or presser or something.

I've been lobbying for a Silva/Diaz fight for years. It would be BEAUTIFUL! An instant CLASSIC. Probably Fight of the Year ! Oh and ........ Diaz by gogoplata round 4 !!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That Sir, was funny!

I was really fearful during the first Franklin-Silva fight that I was going to see my first death in MMA. I'd be even more fearful if Diaz stepped in against Silva because he might not be smart enough to just fold when the time comes.

Please, please, please make that fight happen. I'd love to see Silva matrix Diaz.

diaz will have a hard enough time beating GSP

let alone anderson silva, who would woop both of them

I doubt that fight would ever happen. There is no point to it.
The only thing it would do is bring satisfaction to Diaz haters (myself included).

I'm sure Silva would take it no prob but I'd still be interested to see them fight. Diaz never backs down and he is damn hard to finish (nobody's done it yet except a doctor stoppage for a cut and Nick was damn sure ready to keep fighting then).

Also, they both love putting their hands down when their fighting standup. It'd be funny to see them both standing their with their hands down taunting each other.

Have a look at the GIF below of a still in good shape, James Toney, thinking he can drop his hands against a much faster Roy Jones Junior.

Every time Diaz attempted that, Anderson could snipe and drop him, easily. Anderson is way faster.

Diaz has the chin and cardio to go 5 rounds with Andy....plus he's willing to stand up with Andy.
No chance. Unlike Daley and many others who near tko'd Diaz when they dropped him, Anderson would step in and finish him when down.

18g35x.gif

Back