• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anderson Silva talks Daniel Cormier: "I respect Danny ... but Jon Jones is the best fighter"

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/...fter-usada-case-fires-back-at-daniel-cormier/

Before Daniel Cormier defeated Stipe Miocic at UFC 226 and entered himself into the G.O.A.T. conversation, he mentioned that both you and Jon Jones can't be considered because of your histories with failed drug tests. How do you react to DC's comments?

AS: "So, it's very interesting because I take the fight against Daniel [on two days' notice at UFC 200 in 2016] and I had been training absolutely nothing for months and I had surgery already in my body and I took the fight in saving Daniel money because Jon Jones failed the test. But it's very interesting Daniel talking about that because when you have problems, everybody has problems. When you talk about people, you need to be careful because you never know about your life. You never know about your future. I think Daniel is very lucky and completely lucky because never beating Jon Jones, of course, because Jon Jones in my opinion is the best fighter at 205 [pounds]. When I took the fight, Daniel didn't do nothing. He was completely lucky. He was more lucky because I didn't take the fight for five rounds and just three, and he don't do nothing but just hit the ground and use his weight. Why are you talking? Why does Daniel talk? I respect, but Danny don't have to talk about that because I'm very sad about that. That's the first time I saw this news. I respect Danny, but when he is talking about me and Jon Jones, he's completely crazy because Jon Jones is the best fighter. I tried to make everything perfect inside the cage for my fans. I don't know but it's OK ... this is Daniel Cormier."

Anderson makes good points imo. Daniel Cormier has been showing no respect for the Spider, which is really unfair. Silva took the fight on two days notice and effectively nullified a 35+ lbs heavier opponent.

Last edited:
AS: When I took the fight, Daniel didn't do nothing. He was completely lucky. He was more lucky because I didn't take the fight for five rounds and just three, and he don't do nothing but just hit the ground and use his weight

Lol it was so obvious DC took it easy on him

Cormier laid n prayed hard that fight. Fuck what y'all talking about, swangin and bangin all day

anderson did better against DC than the UFC HW GOAT, let that sink in

Now I wish DC would have slammed him through the canvas

Who read this in their head imagining Anderson's voice?

Last edited:
Cheaters really do stick together. “He’s lucky I took the fight for three rounds instead of five”.... you made that decision.........
How is DC lucky in any way? A lot of people would describe his life as UNLUCKY

LOL DC had side control at some points and didn't even try to punch him..
Let that sink in...

Uh yeah, strikes from side control often have little leverage in them so they become a waste of energy, especially when you go to strike and your opponent gets the undertook n either gets back to their feet or brings you back to half or full guard. It’s not as simple as just being in top of them and hitting them. Sorry kid.

Before Daniel Cormier defeated Stipe Miocic at UFC 226 and entered himself into the G.O.A.T. conversation, he mentioned that both you and Jon Jones can't be considered because of your histories with failed drug tests. How do you react to DC's comments?

AS: "So, it's very interesting because I take the fight against Daniel [on two days' notice at UFC 200 in 2016] and I had been training absolutely nothing for months and I had surgery already in my body and I took the fight in saving Daniel money because Jon Jones failed the test. But it's very interesting Daniel talking about that because when you have problems, everybody has problems. When you talk about people, you need to be careful because you never know about your life. You never know about your future. I think Daniel is very lucky and completely lucky because never beating Jon Jones, of course, because Jon Jones in my opinion is the best fighter at 205 [pounds]. When I took the fight, Daniel didn't do nothing. He was completely lucky. He was more lucky because I didn't take the fight for five rounds and just three, and he don't do nothing but just hit the ground and use his weight. Why are you talking? Why does Daniel talk? I respect, but Danny don't have to talk about that because I'm very sad about that. That's the first time I saw this news. I respect Danny, but when he is talking about me and Jon Jones, he's completely crazy because Jon Jones is the best fighter. I tried to make everything perfect inside the cage for my fans. I don't know but it's OK ... this is Daniel Cormier."

Anderson makes good points imo. Daniel Cormier has been showing no respect for the Spider, which is really unfair. Silva took the fight on two days notice and effectively nullified a 35+ lbs heavier opponent.

I struggle with Anderson sayng the highlighted because when he was at the top he said this...

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

I think you missed it but USADA just cleared him

He wasn't cleared any more than Romero was cleared. They still had the PEDs in their system. "Cleared" would be USADA saying "oops, our testers fucked up, there was really nothing there".

That said, I think it sounds like Silva is alluding to the fact that everybody is on something when he says you don't know what the future might bring. There's not a single fighter in the UFC who I'd be surprised if they suddenly got popped by USADA.

Back