Anderson Silva or Chris Weidman?

rlm81

Black Belt
Reaction score
Now that the fight is almost inked for July 6th it's time for poll. Who do you pick?

http://www.tatame.com.br/ufc-negocia-disputa-de-cinturao-entre-anderson-e-weidman-para-julho/

EDIT:
If you want to see how these results compare with Silva's past 5 fights, plus GSP and Jones visit this thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...lls-his-last-5-fights-weidman-gsp-jj-2403253/

EDIT 2:
The fight is finally confirmed
Mark La Monica @LaMonicaMark
#breaking Lorenzo Fertitta just told @ChrisWeidmanUFC in Albany that he spoke to Anderson Silva and the fight is on for July 4 weekend.

Last edited:
Uh, gotta go with that Silva guy. He's pretty good i hear.

if a miracle happens and weidman wins
Lombard or belfort would take
the belt

Crazy how confident I was for a Anderson win lol. Look at all those guys that got banned though, Flythai and idontbelieveit lol those guys comments were fun to read.

Lol at the vote so far. Weidman's been talking shit and asking for a rematch already. I can definitely see Andy clowning his ass.

Anderson Silva is a walking trap, analyzing your every move and then doing something completely unpredictable from some bizarre angle to ruin your whole day with a invisible blow these days. He has a iron skull and actually has invited people to test it in matches and in training. After being wrestled for 4 rounds and punched a million times the guy comes out clapping and hyping up the crowd and finishes with the biggest come back win in championship history while not even being 100 percent.

Why or how could I pick Weidman ?

Lol.

Lol at the vote so far. Weidman's been talking shit and asking for a rematch already. I can definitely see Andy clowning his ass.

I wonder where the usual Weidman nuthuggers are now. Weren't they bitching for months that Anderson was ducking their prince?

I wonder where the usual Weidman nuthuggers are now. Weren't they bitching for months that Anderson was ducking their prince?

those thread's have stopped now, don't jinx it.

Andy fucks with people man. He says crazy shit about certain people "not deserving it," and says he's considering 170, heavyweight, etc.

I've learned to just laugh at it all and enjoy it when he does fight. It's usually like Christmas.

gotta go with andy, weidman is dangerous but just to green for me to pick

Andy fucks with people man. He says crazy shit about certain people "not deserving it," and says he's considering 170, heavyweight, etc.

I've learned to just laugh at it all and enjoy it when he does fight. It's usually like Christmas.

Royce Gracie called it perfectly:

Interviewer - In your time fighters would fight anyone, they could not choose opponents. Today we cannot say the same thing. Take Brazil's biggest idol, Anderson Silva, which many people say do not want to fight Chris Weidman or Vitor Belfort agains... Everybody asks him about Jon Jones and he always evades the question. How do you see all that?

Royce - That is all strategy. It is a business nowadays. It's not about bravata, or being a "tough guy". Very few ones do that. It is a business. If you give him enough money he will fight his own mother (laughs). You have to pay the right money if you want to get it done.

Interviewer - Do you think he does this to monetize the fight?

Royce - Of course! It is a business now. This is a dream fight. He knows that. Why would he do it for cheap? (simulated dialogue)" friend, I am not interested on this fight, I do not want it"... "but there is nobody for you to fight" ... " I don't care, I'm the champ. Find someone". There is nothing wrong with that. It's all business. " but I pay 3x the rate for you to fight"... " Well, now we have a dialogue. Only three? If you pay 4x I fight, OK?"... " Ok, deal". It is all part of the business.

http://esporte.surgiu.com.br/notici...rimo-roger-pode-tirar-cinturao-do-spider.html

Can we now flame all the people claiming Silva was ducking competition for the next 4 months? I think they readily deserve it

I can see Weidman having some success on the ground, but the fight (obviously) starts standing and Anderson will make him looked like a damned fool there.

Normally I would actually pick Weidman for the upset, but there's no telling how the injury and the long lay off will effect him so gotta go with Silva.

I saw the first option in the poll and clicked it.

Until Silva loses it is hard to think otherwise.

Back