Anderson Silva looking good in doing striking with heavy bags (video)

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Great to see Anderson slowly getting back to his form. I gotta admit I got a little nervous on that kick on 0:13!

He looks good. Slower, a little rounder in the mid-section, but good form and even power. Nice to see him back at it!

It's nice to see him getting back in the saddle but wouldn't say he looks good by any means. In fact, I'd almost say he looks awful.

Crazy... the same injury that ended Corey Hill. Wonder what the difference was..

Regardless of the outcome, it takes a set of balls to get back on that saddle after an injury like that.

It's nice to see him getting back in the saddle but wouldn't say he looks good by any means. In fact, I'd almost say he looks awful.

how the heck did you conjure up that he looked "awful" in a 15 second clip? I won't defend Jake Shields or Matt Hughes on the heavy bag but this is Anderson Silva--his punches and kicks look fine for 1 and secondly, he's going pretty mild only so to call it "awful" is reaching.

I think he looks good. Your processing of realty is awful.

will take a long time for him to pick up the speed he had

how the heck did you conjure up that he looked "awful" in a 15 second clip? I won't defend Jake Shields or Matt Hughes on the heavy bag but this is Anderson Silva--his punches and kicks look fine for 1 and secondly, he's going pretty mild only so to call it "awful" is reaching.

FTR, I'm not saying anyone is gonna look great coming back from that injury. Looking like shit goes with the territory. That in mind, he's the heaviest I've ever seen him and he looks very slow and, frankly, fragile in that clip. Again, this is to be expected so it's not any harsh criticism of AS.

I think anyone saying he looks good is just demonstrating conformation bias.

Getting ready for Bisping/Cung Le/Boetsch.

FTR, I'm not saying anyone is gonna look great coming back from that accident. Looking like shit goes with the territory. That in mind, he's the heaviest I've ever seen him and he looks very slow and, frankly, fragile in that clip. Again, this is to be expected so it's not any harsh criticism of AS.

I think anyone saying he looks good is just demonstrating conformation bias.

He looks slow cause he's not going at it full speed. It's just light bag work. If you think fighters go full force 100% of the time when they're hitting the bag, then you are quite mistaken.

He does look a little chubby, but then again, Anderson has been known to balloon up between fights like Rampage, so that's not necessarily due to the injury.

Bag no have the grappling credentials or power like teh Chris.

nice. looking good on the road back.

I am not too concerned with the physical portion more his mental game coming back... I have to imagine he will hesitant to throwing kicks

Crazy... the same injury that ended Corey Hill. Wonder what the difference was..

What do you mean ended?

Corey Hill came back to fight about 13 months after his leg snap. He fought about 8 times after the injury with his last fight about 6 months ago.

Is normal.

i dont think he is going anywhere near his full speed on this drill

why do you bother reasoning with idiots? you should know better.

Looks like he's working on his form.
Almost no pro fighter hits a heavybag for as hard as he can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back