Anderson Silva: 'Conor McGregor deserves respect from all of us'

Silva-Knows.jpg

Interesting- exact opposite reason why people no longer respect Silva... Only if he had not clowned around

Props to Anderson, still a cool dude - I still respect him. Past events did do damage to his credibility however unfortunately....

throwing his fellow Brazilians under the bus. They will not be happy that he broke rank.

throwing his fellow Brazilians under the bus. They will not be happy that he broke rank.

Exactly ... Considering how he didn't take kindly to Chael's trash talk when they were rivals ... although Chael was focussing way more on insulting the Brasilians.

No need to attack Anderson just because he paid a compliment to the man who KO'd your favourite FW. ;)
hahah! touche my friend ;) I actually respect McG for his work, great fighter in every respect. My comment was more geared towards Anderson ;) I was an Anderson fan in his heyday, but its just taken a step back due to recent events. we invest so much time and admiration to these fighters that when they slip up it hurts us. Sometimes we should realize how much pressure they're under too.

Conor is better than Silva.

I never liked this guy, and I still do not like him...I'm a Fedor fan and like guys that act as if they've been there before....but as a response to this thread...i actually have come to respect McG...he did surprise me in his last couple of fights. And although he still acts like a buffoon before fights and during interviews I do like that he seems under control and calm while in the ring. Just hope he matures a bit. Technically, I've never seen a guy with better balance. very technical striker.

Connor fans must identify with him very strongly to live so vicariously through him

I could never see myself admiring/ sweating someone so much (especially such a disrespectful person)

when you are as full of hubris (look it up) as Connor, you are destined to go down the road of Brock Lesnar. Ill say it here that Connor will be dethroned and forgotton

Exactly ... Considering how he didn't take kindly to Chael's trash talk when they were rivals ... although Chael was focussing way more on insulting the Brasilians.

Well more the the point, Chael's talk was directed at Anderson himself.

Back