Anderson Silva at Light heavyweight

Big_Chief_Stove

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anderson hasn't fought light heavy weight since he beat Bonnar in 2012. IMO, Anderson shouldn't focus so much on getting his middleweight title back, as much as he should look to bump up to light heavy weight and work towards fighting for the title. An Anderson Silva/Jones (Assuming jones beats DC again) match up would be the biggest fight in UFC history.

A few fights at LHWT for Silva:
-Rumble Johnson
-Alexander Gustafsson
-DC
-Glover Texiera

thoughts?

Silva gets wrecked by all you mentioned. His window for heading up to LHW has closed.

It's crazy that Bonnar is his last win. As a life long fan, I'd like to see him ride off into the sunset.

It would be fun but I don't see it happening. He was hesitant against Diaz, I know it was his first fight back but it wasn't too impressive. Silva fighting Rumble or Gus would be intense.

I dont think he can beat any of those guys at 205. Rumble would KO hi for sure. DC would wrestlefuck him. Alexander would give him a war. And Jones would murder him.

He has a much better chance at MW. Theres not many fighters in their prime at middleweight. Besides Weidman and Rockhold and maybe Jacare. I could see Anderson beating anyone else easily.

You have got to be kidding me if you think a 40 year old Anderson could hang with the elites of a weight class above. A 40 year old Anderson coming off a lackluster Nick Diaz decision.

He's my favorite fighter but I would be horrified to think of what would happen if he stepped in the cage with those guys.

Don't you think he's too old to tackle a new division higher? If it were 4 years ago it would've made sense.

I would think if you were a Silva fan the last person you would want him to fight is Rumble.

He should drop to welterweight and fight Conor for the belt at UFC 205

I'd like to see Silva vs Shogun.

Anderson and fighting for a title makes no sense in any division at the moment.

Idk, 3-0 at 205 lbs. If they matched him up with Gus right after Bisping, that would go down as one of the biggest fights in UFC history.
I'm the biggest AS nuthugger in the world but I don't think he has much of a chance against Gus or any top LHW. He is 3-0 when he was younger and against worse competition. Times are different and really Anderson shouldn't be in any wars anymore, unless he wants that last MW belt run which I think it's what he is trying to accomplish now.

Back