Anderson Silva aims Conor McGregor or Nick Diaz as potential matchups for his comeback fight

iLikeBirds

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"I've never had this thing to who I'd like or who I would not want to fight, I think the only person I ever talked to who i would fight, to test me, was against McGregor, but I do not think he'll reach 83kg (185lbs). I have no one in mind, I never had this pretense of challenging anyone. Now it's waiting and see. One fight that would probably be interesting to see would be me and Nick Diaz again, because that fight was a no contest. But it does not depend on me, it depends on Nick, the UFC, many other things involved - said the 43-year-old fighter in an exclusive interview with Combate.

On Whittaker and the current MW scenario:

- They are athletes who have a great future in the sport. Whittaker deserves to be champion. He's a young kid who's learning a lot, and going through some hard patchs inside the UFC. All athletes, from the lightest to the heaviest weights, are high level. The UFC has the best guys.

On his future as a fighter:

"I have a very good connection with the UFC, although I have some disagreements on Dana in some ways. This everybody knows, Its how i am. But overall i can not absolutely complain about anything. I'm well treated there, the whole structure of the UFC has always been very generous to me. I would like to end my career with a good relationship with the UFC. We do not know what's going to happen going forward, I did not talk to Dana or anyone in the UFC. Let's see what will happen in the next few chapters of this whole situation, but it's that business: I like to fight, I love to fight, whether in the UFC or any other event, as long as we agree on a contract. In a perfect world, it would be cool to continue in the UFC, because it's a company I've been fighting for a few years. I hope it all right.

How he deals with aging?

- As for age, it does not influence anything at all, I continue to train in high performance, I continue to train on an equal basis with all the athletes I train with every day. Training with younger UFC athletes, like Kalil Rountree, who just won the UFC. I'm always training with the guys, trying to test me at a high level. It's wait and wait what the UFC will decide and see with my team, and see what it will be worth.

He says fighting isn't a priority anymore, but a hobby

- My life did not have stopped, I kept doing my things, working in my company, doing my film projects, so I have several projects in progress. I do not know yet when I'm going back, I have several appointments with Netflix, with other companies in the movie area, so let's see the whole agenda and see when it will be possible to fight. Fighting is something I love very much, but it is no longer 100% priority. It's something I love to do, but that is now for love and hobby. As it always was, but now even more so.

https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...rival-e-pensa-em-revanche-com-nick-diaz.ghtml

Those tainted supplements really messed with AS's head.

<{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}> Any fight with Anderson is drama filled

No one wants to see a rematch of that boring shit show that was Anderson-Diaz.

Not aiming for Conor

He said that in the past he has put it out there that he'd be interested but then says Conor isn't big enough (can't get to 185).

That first Diaz fight was an embarrassment. Anderson was so inactive it made me wonder why he even bothered juicing for it.

yeah he's not actually calling out mgregor, he said he has called him out, but he doesn't think he can hit 185

Nick Diaz?! That fight wasn't shitty enough the first time?!!

That first Diaz fight was an embarrassment. Anderson was so inactive it made me wonder why he even bothered juicing for it.
because he was framed. nevada framed him. yeah disgusting, I know

The UFC needs a money match up badly. USADA will have to broke the rules if they genuinely want him to fight DC, there's no way in the world that guy isn't on the juice. Just look at him, that physique at 40 years old? Thats just impossible.

Where would he fight conor?

175 catchweight?

Why stop at a 155 fighter, why not 145 or 135?

Back