Anderson lost that reflex advantage that made him great.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not so easy to win anymore when you lose the only advantage you had in your career that made you great. Anderson Silva had very good reflex and that was why he was able to dodge and counterpunch with such good precision in his prime.

But now that he got older and lost that reflex, and has to rely on fundamentals and proper mma technique like the rest of them, he won't be able to get the wins anymore. He has relied his whole career on his instincts and reflex, because let's face it. His fundamentals and techniques are just not great like a GSP.

He lost to a guy he nearly KOd midway through the fight. Pretty sad. Got out struck in 4 of 5 rounds too.

His speed and movement looked damn good for a 40 year old. Just needs to stop being so hesitant at times and rely solely on countering. He was excelling when he was pressuring Bisping but had little success countering him.

Did you see him freeze up? he did it quite a lot, you can tell his hand eye co-ord. is finished. Plus his leg probably feels weird still, that would explain the stiff retractions/movement when his elbows freeze up.

Did you see him freeze up? he did it quite a lot, you can tell his hand eye co-ord. is finished. Plus his leg probably feels weird still, that would explain the stiff retractions/movement when his elbows freeze up.
His wild off-the-mark overhand right is the telling sign of an old fighter who has lost his reflex and trying to keep up with his opponent. It's very similar to what Chuck did in his late career. You need to only lose a fraction of a second and that's what it looks like.

Just finished rewatching. Getting past the excitement and blood flowing thinking robbery last night. Michael's volume won those rounds. AS landed harder but not enough. He was hitting air often. Haven't seen the strikes landed poster yet but I'm sure it's a good size gap.

Still really fun to watch. Give him Hall, for the fans.

"reflex advantage"

I guess that's the code word they were telling me at gold's gym

Yeah, reflex plus aura were a hell of a combo for a killer like him. He's still a beast without them and being older though.

He had a few opportunities to be more aggressive and finish the fight, there are still good fights for him left in the lower tier top 10 MW.

The guy is 40 and he looks damn good in the octagon for it. I've never been an Anderson fan, but cmon, give the guy a break

His speed and movement looked damn good for a 40 year old. Just needs to stop being so hesitant at times and rely solely on countering. He was excelling when he was pressuring Bisping but had little success countering him.

Exactly! I was wondering why he doesn't pressure more. Probably, because he wasn't used to do it.

The guy is 40 and he looks damn good in the octagon for it. I've never been an Anderson fan, but cmon, give the guy a break

I think what TS said is fair. IT happens to everyone eventually. He looked very good for a 40 yr old for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back