• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anderson has the best finishing rate during a win streak and it’s not even close

Ronda Rousey - 12 win streak 100% finishes!

I just came to say this. Only that Fedor "lost" the fifth fight, so is technically a 27 win streak plus a NC. The only people who survived him where Babalu, Minotauro x 2 + 1 NC, and Cro Cop.

And he didn't lost a round in those fights, and was never ground and pounded for 24 minutes.

tumblr_na1y2fsmrI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

(Amazingly, the Randleplex is one of Fedor's High lights!)

Every time I see that, I cringe. I'm still amazed his neck wasn't broken, much less that he finished Randleman pretty quickly right after that.

Fedor bless.

All those fights should be No Contests. Anderoid is a fraud.

Cheater: a person who acts dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

And then if you remember back then, the howling and crying about those two fights he didn't finish. It was almost viewed as a war crime when Anderson didn't finish someone.

that wasn't the reason why people disliked those fights. they disliked it because he fought super defensively and ran most of the Maia fight. Leites just ran from him and kept falling down.

if you watch both fights you can understand the frustration.7

honestly imo most stat's are weak in sports period because the low number of "trials" and the apples to oranges nature of everything. Anderson is undoubtably on the Mt Rushmore of MMA and his reign as champion was amazing for many reasons but how do you compare that dominance in a then weak 185 pound division to GSP's dominance in laying on people in a much more stacked division? Or Khabib never losing a round in what is almost certainly the best division of all time but he hasn't seen the majority of the top ten?

That's a myth that WW was more stacked than MW. It's a GSP-fan argument to discredit Anderson's accomplishments. They were cutting the weight weren't they?

That's a myth that WW was more stacked than MW. It's a GSP-fan argument to discredit Anderson's accomplishments. They were cutting the weight weren't they?
This.

GSP’s competition is overrated by his fanboys filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs.

Anderson’s resume > GSP’s resume

Remember when Diaz clowned Andy? Letting someone do that to you lessens the goat status a bit.

I just came to say this. Only that Fedor "lost" the fifth fight, so is technically a 27 win streak plus a NC. The only people who survived him where Babalu, Minotauro x 2 + 1 NC, and Cro Cop.

And he didn't lost a round in those fights, and was never ground and pounded for 24 minutes.

tumblr_na1y2fsmrI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

(Amazingly, the Randleplex is one of Fedor's High lights!)
I thought fedor legit dieded when that happened.

This.

GSP’s competition is overrated by his fanboys filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs.
Not really it’s more of a critical assessment about the quality of competitors in the divisions. Anderson had some really high quality wins in prime Hendo and TRTor but a lot of Patrick Côtes and Thales Leites. Pretty much any reasonable person believes that GSP’s general quality of competition was higher.

I mean look at what Bisping did to Anderson and then GSP did to Bisping, bro.

Not really it’s more of a critical assessment about the quality of competitors in the divisions. Anderson had some really high quality wins in prime Hendo and TRTor but a lot of Patrick Côtes and Thales Leites. Pretty much any reasonable person believes that GSP’s general quality of competition was higher.

Anderson > GSP

Deal with it.

Anderson > GSP

Deal with it.
I don’t care what you think so there’s not much to deal with. I like Anderson more than GSP other than him being a roider and I never said that one had a better legacy than the other.

If they were so much better than 185, why were they cutting weight and avoiding 185?

It's a myth. The Hughes and Serras of UFC are not that much better than Franklin and Vitor. Thales Leites is still a relevant fighter, don't put him in the same basket as Cote, who at the time was GSP's training buddy and sold as a legit contender.

Amazing highlight reel. A shame he had to disgrace it with his cheating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back