And if Rory Macdonald gets no. 1 contender spot?

romak47

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What happens next?
tristar vs tristar?
seems to be the norm, Zuffa/UFC pitting teammates/gymmates against eachother.

If GSP doesnt fight Rory I could see Rory possibly goin up a weightclass if he gets a few more wins at the top of the welterweight class. He seems young and big, but when he gets more age , he will have more bulk too and have harder time making weight I would imagine.

I searched the forums on discussion about possible GSP vs Macdonald , but couldnt find anything besides how people thought the fight would go.

I wanna know what you think would happen if Rory beats Condit for that no. 1 contender spot..

rory condit is not for no.1 contender dude. its more than likely hendricks/e-berger especially if either one gets a stoppage. johnny 100% yes and e-berger probably based on how good he looks.

He becomes a scout/sentinel for GSP. Destroying future contenders before they get to him and bringing back blood to analyze.

What happens next?
tristar vs tristar?

If GSP doesnt fight Rory I could see Rory possibly goin up a weightclass if he gets a few more wins at the top of the welterweight class. He seems young and big, but when he gets more age , he will have more bulk too and have harder time making weight I would imagine.

I searched the forums on discussion about possible GSP vs Macdonald , but couldnt find anything besides how people thought the fight would go.

I wanna know what you think would happen if Rory beats Condit for that no. 1 contender spot..

There is no such thing as a number 1 contender in the UFC. And he has already stated that he does not want to fight St. Pierre.

He has already said that he is planning on moving up to Middleweight in the next year or two because he is getting too big for welterweight

Rory isn't fighting GSP, and will move up to middleweight if he was running out of options.

He's a young guy, he will have his time.

He has already said that he is planning on moving up to Middleweight in the next year or two because he is getting too big for welterweight

Good decision. Hope it goes well for him.

I really think he has no intention or rush to become a champion/contender.

he said in a q and that he can still make ww easy

Source?

Rory had stated time and time and again that he will not fight GSP. If he does become the #1 contender (which is soon), he'll probably move to MW and destroy Anderson and become the champ there.

If they offer him fight vs GSP he will change his mind.

the lead up to a Rory/GSP fight would be awesome, better than Rashad/Jones

What happens next?
tristar vs tristar?

If Rory beats Condit, and GSP beats Diaz, I believe GSP will make the move to MW, and Rory will fight for the interm belt with Johnny Hendricks (should he defeat Jake)... That's a lot of ifs, because not one of these fights is a given... That's what I speculate would happen though given all the favorites win.

Back