Analyze my diet

B

Big-T

This is my diet on a usual training day (boxing). Some background information - Im 6 foot 7, 102kg at last check. Looking to loose weight for competition.

8.00am - 2 slices wholemeal toast with peanut butter
banana

11.00am - Apple and a low fat yoghurt

2.00pm - Plate of tuna pasta bake

5.15pm - Banana

5.55pm - 7.20pm Workout (boxing training)

8.00pm - 2 skinless chicken breasts in breadcrumbs, baked potato with beans and cheese, carrots, steamed vegetables

11.00pm - Either a hot chocolate or a glass of skimmed milk

This is my diet on a usual training day (boxing). Some background information - Im 6 foot 7, 102kg at last check. Looking to loose weight for competition.

banana

5.15pm - Banana

8.00pm - 2 skinless chicken breasts in breadcrumbs, baked potato with beans and cheese, carrots, steamed vegetables

That'll certainly do it, though it's far from ideal.

Wow...you're a big boy. In a good way. How old are you? That will definitely make a difference as to how you approach a diet. I'm 20, so I pretty much can't eat too much food, as long as it's reasonably healthy. If you're young, I would say you probably aren't eating enough...you have lots of 'meals', but a banana doesn't really count as a meal, and I'd say the same for your breakfast. But again, depends on your age, as well as how hard you are training, and your ****bolism.

I would say, throw in some extra cardio in the morning if you can (maybe not every day), and then you can eat more and still lose weight faster. I would also up your protein intake a bit, up until your workout you're eating very little protein. And your late night snack could be a little bit healthier, and maybe an hour earlier.

banana

5.15pm - Banana

I don't think that's enough food. I have a feeling you'll put your body into starvation mode. If you lower the carbs, up the protein, and up the fat you'll lose weight.

I was 6'5" and 245 lbs. and I dropped down to 230 in about a month and a half while eating well over 2500 calories composed of the foods I mentioned above.

Your calories don't seem that great. Try eating according to Berardi's Seven Habits (see the FAQ) and you'll have better results and you won't need to starve yourself while trying to stay in good shape.

Im not so good on all this calorie stuff so not sure how much i need! Im 17 at the moment, 18 in june. Can anyone recomend me decent protein foods to put in my diet, like you all suggest? And a different range of snacks would be nice too.
Thanks

shit dude, you're still growing probably and at 6'7" you don't want to stunt that NBA size potential. It looks like you're about 225 lbs? I don't know how much fat you're carrying but that doesn't seem like a whole lot being that tall. I'm also assuming that you are cutting and trying to get to 205, which I believe is the top for LHW? I still don't think that looks like enough calories even if that is the case, though it very well might be. You could always go the Weider way adding protein shakes or bars as caloric as well as protein supps in your diet. I don't look down on that, but I know that alot of people on this forum do. Read Berardi's stuff, calculate your estimated daily caloric expenditure (the calculation is in one of his articles) and go from there

yeah im trying to get to light heavyweight as i think my reach advantage would work best for me there. What else can i add in to fill me up? Ive been really hungry the past few days but ive stuck it out, no pain no gain!

yeah im trying to get to light heavyweight as i think my reach advantage would work best for me there. What else can i add in to fill me up? Ive been really hungry the past few days but ive stuck it out, no pain no gain!

Please, kid, eat some more food. Someone your age and build should not be starving himself. If you want to cut weight, do some more cardio, and eat healthier. What you're doing right now is eating away at your muscle tissue, slowing your ****bolism, and possibly stunting your growth.

You should add in some healthy snacks, mainly protein and healthy fats if you still are insistent on losing weight. Nuts are great, look around the forum for similar stuff.

What kind of nuts? Salted or what? Ive taken on board what youve said and ive added a apple to breakfast, and a yoghurt to my dinner. Is that better?

That looks a little light. I would expect that of someone maybe a foot smaller. That looks like a combined total of maybe 2.5 meals, but for someone your size?

From my experience, eating good, consistent smaller meals but with quality proteins and vitas has helped with my fat loss. But the one banana with a half a cup of cold air and two thoughts of meat diet doesnt work for me :D

Push more calories earlier in the day. You don't want to completely load at dinner. Even though it is right after training. I would reccommend eating earlier dinner then having a protein shake after your workout. Make sure you have a higher proportion of protein than normal somwhere around 30% because protein manytimes takes more calories to digest than they provide. Plus protein is needed for muscle recovery after workouts. All and all your diet looks good just remember a pyramid. More calories at the beginning of the day slowly tapering off to your last meal before you go to bed.

Back