anaconda choke

alicate

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Does anybody knows who does the anaconda choke works?

Cuts off blood supply to the brain rendering the victim unconcious

I meant how does the technicque works, I know that Nogueira usually attemps this submission but I heve never seen one. were does the submission focuses,thanks

alicate said:
I meant how does the technicque works, I know that Nogueira usually attemps this submission but I heve never seen one. were does the submission focuses,thanks

Around the neck.

he subbed herring and yokoi with it.

its actually alot simpler than people think, but you have to work on it hard. when someone shoots in and you sprawl you're in a perfect possition to apply it.

so you're in the sprawl position on top, with your left hand you reach over his right shoulder, as if you wanted to touch the ground and with your right you reach under him, pressing your biceps to his neck. now you just grab your left biceps with your right hand apply loads of pressure. remember to use his and your own right hand to choke the blood supply. the choking works like a sidechoke, or a triangle. oh and you should turn to the side, otherwise its hard to use his own arm to choke him.

hope i didn't mess up too much.

use search this threads been done plenty of times

I love this technique, really amazing how easy it is to apply it and many ppl don't know about it they think that since they have their arm under, they wont get chocked

I got caught in this choke last time I was in class. I was workin on it also. Has anybody here ever pulled it off in a competiton? Did it work? I got my competition tomorrow, I think I might try it if i get the chance.

hbray said:
it's like an up-side-down side choke

The side choke can be applied so many ways, it really is the mack daddy choke. Its my favorite takedown as well, awesome move.

Annsofia said:
I love this technique. I did this in a streetfight and choked my opponent unconcious. Everybody was impressed and didnt understand what was going on. I feel sorry for people who dont know MMA we have such an advantage over them. They dont even know, what a fu++ing armbar is.[/QUOTE]

Brother I am glad you street fight in a nice safe place with rules, you go to the ground with chokes where I am from:

a) you will get stomped
b) people will jump in and start suckering you all locked up like that
c) use a choke in a street fight you are facing much stiffer penalty from the law as choking is classified differently than regular fighting

that's a damn good choke! i should try learn that :)
-Jon

its not a guillotine. plus it is VERY HARD to choke someone out if it doesnt get in perfectly, so you can turn the anaconda choke into the anaconda neck crank which will most likely snap the bulb and kill the guy. to do that after you assume that last position in the picture set and the guy isnt tapping or blacking out, you "walk forwards" as you will twist his neck. its nasty, be careful of doing that in practice. take care.

Annsofia said:
here s the technique.[/QUOTE]
I think there were some more pics in this series. Have you got them all saved, Annsofia? If so please post them because the last time I checked, the original links to them were deleted.

Back