An ode to Glover Teixeira, one of the most underrated fighters ever

K-po

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Glover's resume is nothing short of fantastic and barring the first few years of his career, he has only ever lost to elite fighters, e.g. Jones, Rumble, and Davis.

The incredible thing is....he turns 41 next year and is still going strong as ever (currently on a 3 fight win streak).

Wins over:
- Cannonier
- Bader
- Ricco
- Rampage
- Rashad
- Sokoudjou
- OSP
- Cirkunov
- Eastman
- Cutelaba
- Krylov

Unfortunately poor Glover has also been the recipient of some of the most vicious eye pokes we've ever witnessed from notorious cheaters Gustafsson and Jones.

ImmaterialHomelyKitty-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

On to happier moments....here's him knocking current Bellator double champ Ryan Bader stiff

giphy.gif

WAR GLOVER!

giphy.gif

Not really, I think he is rightfully rated, he will never be champ but is a legit top 5/10 but gets destroyed when he face the elite.

It seems he have been slowing down a bit in recent years, I would love to see Bader beating him and take that one back

I love watching him fight because it’s like watching an old man win off of pure experience and teaching these young prospects a lesson. He always struggles early and comes back.

I still wanna see him fight shogun. Don't know how that doesn't get made.

"Underrated" should be added to the list of greatly overused terms in MMA, like "legit blackbelt" or "A level athlete"

Glover came to the UFC outside his prime and still established himself as one of the world's greatest LHW's.

I have little doubt in my mind that Glover may have been the world's greatest LHW from 2005 - 2010.

Jacare and Mousasi are in a similar boat at MW.

Glover's resume is nothing short of fantastic and barring the first few years of his career, he has only ever lost to elite fighters, e.g. Jones, Rumble, and Davis.

The incredible thing is....he turns 41 next year and is still going strong as ever (currently on a 3 fight win streak).

Wins over:
- Cannonier
- Bader
- Ricco
- Rampage
- Rashad
- Sokoudjou
- OSP
- Cirkunov
- Eastman
- Cutelaba
- Krylov

Unfortunately poor Glover has also been the recipient of some of the most vicious eye pokes we've ever witnessed from notorious cheaters Gustafsson and Jones.

ImmaterialHomelyKitty-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

On to happier moments....here's him knocking current Bellator double champ Ryan Bader stiff

giphy.gif

WAR GLOVER!

giphy.gif

I don't see how he's underrated. I think most people rate him exactly what he was - a solid B to B+ level fighter who didn't have the goods to be champ.

Glover came to the UFC outside his prime and still established himself as one of the world's greatest LHW's.

When was his prime? He came here in his early 30s.

Was he in his prime in his mid 20s when he was losing to Ed Herman?

Won’t lie I fucking love Glover

The way he handled Cutelaba recently was hilarious

Yeah he’s the reason I picked Anderson over walker and everyone scoffed. The dude has only lost to some absolute legends (remains to be seen what Anderson will do).

Back