An ego check

• Thread starter Deleted member 10003
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10003

At the end of a class last week our instructor was handing out stripes. He told a little story before a particular set of stripes and was looking in my direction. I had thought I would be getting some that day and the story mad me a little more confident that it was me. After the story he said, "Come on out here". I started to walk foward and so did the guy next to me.

I felt like a huge douche. I immediately started scolding myself for my arrogance and backed away to my place in line. Easily one of the most stupidest feelings I've ever had. I could tell everyone was giggling and what not.

Luckily for me he did mean to give me stripes and had to sent the other guy back to line.

Anyone have a similar experience? It was the absolute pits for a second.

no.. but dont worry about it.. the other guy is equally as stupid

and stripes dont mean way too much

At the end of a class last week our instructor was handing out stripes. He told a little story before a particular set of stripes and was looking in my direction. I had thought I would be getting some that day and the story mad me a little more confident that it was me. After the story he said, "Come on out here". I started to walk foward and so did the guy next to me.

I felt like a huge douche. I immediately started scolding myself for my arrogance and backed away to my place in line. Easily one of the most stupidest feelings I've ever had. I could tell everyone was giggling and what not.

Luckily for me he did mean to give me stripes and had to sent the other guy back to line.

Anyone have a similar experience? It was the absolute pits for a second.

Hahaha. Been there.

1st off Bighead, lets me publicly congrats you on your MMA WIN. I tried to make a thread on it out here but I havent been able to post for quite some time. No idea why. Whens your next?

On topic, yup, when I was younger I went to a judo camp where we all lined up to bow in. I was the highest rank and the oldest so I was at the head of the line. I guess I was supposed to bow us in and salute Kano but I had no clue. Everyone was waiting for me and the guy to my left helped me by telling me to bow us in and salute Kano. I just turned to the Kano pic, said 'Kano' and bowed. Everyone chuckled. I wasnt used to doing that from my clubs.

You definitely deserved the stripes! It's hard to tell who is being called; don't sweat it. Good luck moving southward. Kick some ass, yo.

You definitely deserved the stripes! It's hard to tell who is being called; don't sweat it. Good luck moving southward. Kick some ass, yo.

I feel bad for the fella that stepped ahead and didnt get.:icon_lol:

heh thats like when someone says hi and waves, and i wave back, only to see that they are waving at someone next to me or behind me.

or like when you say bye to someone and shake their hand or something, and then a couple minutes later you run into them again - do you say bye again? do you say hi?

awkward situations. sucks even more if youre an awkward person.

Congrats on the stripes! I understand your feelings, but just imagine how the other guy felt! He certainly had an ego check...

Hahaha. Been there.

1st off Bighead, lets me publicly congrats you on your MMA WIN. I tried to make a thread on it out here but I havent been able to post for quite some time. No idea why. Whens your next?

On topic, yup, when I was younger I went to a judo camp where we all lined up to bow in. I was the highest rank and the oldest so I was at the head of the line. I guess I was supposed to bow us in and salute Kano but I had no clue. Everyone was waiting for me and the guy to my left helped me by telling me to bow us in and salute Kano. I just turned to the Kano pic, said 'Kano' and bowed. Everyone chuckled. I wasnt used to doing that from my clubs.

Thanks yo. I don't have anything definite lined up right now. I'm hoping to fight pro in August. We'll see how it all pans out. I'll be sure to keep the ol' grappling forum updated.

Thread starter is a douche. He also double-crossed me several times. Which was a mistake.

I will gladly settle this in a contest of the martial arts. Name the time and place buddy. I'll stick my size 14 boot up that wanna be catch wrestlin ass. haha.

Also, I'm moving to Cincinnati like right now.

I haven't done that, but a guy did it when I was being promoted. We have the same first name, and he got his blue belt a few minutes before I got a new stripe. Our instructor said "Ben" and we both started walking up, then our instructor clarified he was talking about me. He said to the other guy "you just got your blue belt, don't get in such a rush" or something like that. We chuckled a little bit but it really wasn't a big deal. Nobody cared the next day, that's for sure.

Hahaha. Been there.

LOL!

I will gladly settle this in a contest of the martial arts. Name the time and place buddy. I'll stick my size 14 boot up that wanna be catch wrestlin ass. haha.

Also, I'm moving to Cincinnati like right now.

Right now? Shit.

Well, first off, I owned you, I own you and I always will own you.

Secondly, I'll miss you, even if I never, ever see you anymore. You're the shit.

EDIT: are you having a going away party or something?

Back