Amnesia: Rebirth

Wingslaught

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The second sequel to the scariest PC survival horror of all time, imo, is due out this year.

I'll never forget that freakout clip of the streamer on the first one who got chased into a corner, and just couldn't handle the adrenaline, so he immediately switched to Nyan Cat on YouTube for a soothing safe space.

The problem with the first Amnesia was that it was a gimmick game, but the gimmicks were hidden by some dirty developer tricks (i.e. the insanity system, constant darkness, etc). Machine for Pigs exposed the formula by taking the tricks away, and what we're left with is a walking simulator with a few puzzles and stealth rooms. If they're going to do another game they need more than that.

The problem with the first Amnesia was that it was a gimmick game, but the gimmicks were hidden by some dirty developer tricks (i.e. the insanity system, constant darkness, etc). Machine for Pigs exposed the formula by taking the tricks away, and what we're left with is a walking simulator with a few puzzles and stealth rooms. If they're going to do another game they need more than that.

Apparently it's going to be a departure from the first game although it'll still be related to it in some elements of the story. I didn't enjoy A Machine for Pigs or Soma as much as the first Amnesia, so I'm a bit skeptical they can capture lightning in a bottle again.

A Machine for pigs was a huge letdown for me, but it wasnt Frictional games, so I dont consider it more than a mod. I loved Soma, if not more than Amnesia. It wasnt overly scary, but very stimulating philosophically. It def left an impression me.

Amnesia scared the shit out of though. I had a stack of games, prob 5 or so PS4 games on the floor beside my couch. I jumped at one point and landed on it, cracking a few of the discs inside in half, I was so pissed at the time lol

These guys are masters of atmosphere, I cant wait to see what they do next

Back