Amir Khan vs. JMM

JerseyRob

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Okay because GB and Arum have decided to keep all their horses in the stable and judging by Khan's comments it seems like this is the likely matchup. So how do you guys see it going.

Marquez looked slightly slower last night. I think Khan is way too fast for him and might be the first to finish him.

I don't like this fight at all. Not from a selling point or match up point. If they do it, then Khan should have to come down to 135lbs and challage Juan for his title. I don't want to see Marquez go up to 140.

I wanna see JMM vs Pacman. Let Margarito earn a shot against the champ. Amir Khan vs Tim Bradley.

Rather see Marquez vs Katsidis, and Khan vs Maidana. IIRC those are their two mandatory challengers for titles they own as well.

Marquez just had a cash grab fight at a weight to heavy for him vs PBF. Him vs Khan would look very similar with Khan being way faster and be able to get in and land then get out. Except Khan would make more effort to finish and possibly would.

If they fought at 135, I'd bet on Marquez, but I haven't seen last night's fight, so I don't know how slow he was.

At 140, I'd pick Khan.

I hate this matchup. It robs the 140ers of fights with eachother, and leaves us in the dark as to who is top dog. Khan should fight Maidana, with Bradley fighting Alexander to create a Ring Magazine Champ. The winner of Khan vs. Maidana would then become that man's first defense of the Ring Magazine Championship.

I like Khan in that fight, too young, too big, too exuberant.

Marquez vs Cotto would be badass!

I like Khan in that fight, too young, too big, too exuberant.

Marquez vs Cotto would be badass!

Khan's too big but Cotto would make a great fight?

I see Khan being a bit too quick for Marquez, and he won't stick around and trade shots with him.

However, Marquez could conceivably hurt Khan and earn a KO, with his still impeccable timing.

Khan's too big but Cotto would make a great fight?

I see Khan being a bit too quick for Marquez, and he won't stick around and trade shots with him.

However, Marquez could conceivably hurt Khan and earn a KO, with his still impeccable timing.

Cotto and Marquez are both like 5'7 1/2. Khan is 5'10.

Cotto is thicker than Marquez but he has *****s in his armour that a fantastic counter puncher could exploit, hell it doesn't even take a fantastic counter puncher as we saw Zab, Torres and Pac give Cotto hell.

Khan would keep his distance and use his long arms to score on Marquez. Cotto would have to get in close and actually fight Marquez. Both guys have been in some wars but both still have some good fights left and imo this would be a FOTY canidate.

Cotto and Marquez are both like 5'7 1/2. Khan is 5'10.

Cotto is thicker than Marquez but he has *****s in his armour that a fantastic counter puncher could exploit, hell it doesn't even take a fantastic counter puncher as we saw Zab, Torres and Pac give Cotto hell.

Khan would keep his distance and use his long arms to score on Marquez. Cotto would have to get in close and actually fight Marquez. Both guys have been in some wars but both still have some good fights left and imo this would be a FOTY canidate.

Still...Cotto's a bruiser at 147, I don't see a weight gain that large being beneficial at all to Marquez. Cotto needs to fight Angulo, and fast.

I DO NOT WANT PAC MAN vs MARGARITO BUT I also think the time for Pacman and JMM has passed. It's obvious Pac carries the weight much better than JMM. JMM does his best work at 135 and Manny isn't dropping back down to 135. At 147 I think it's obvious Manny would have a significant advantage. With that all being said as long as Arum is in charge we won't have to worry about seeing it again anyway.

Back