• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amir Kahn vs Chris Algieri.

Still think Khan beats Brooks

Khan problem is he has too many yes men around him and if he'll never get rid of them

I sense everyone in this forum wants to see Kell molest Khan, break him down methodically over the rounds until he is dominated and boxed into the corner awaiting the final money shot punch that will end him. Am i correct in assuming this?
Khan is that guy you love to hate but not in a fun way like Mayweather.

I sense everyone in this forum wants to see Kell molest Khan, break him down methodically over the rounds until he is dominated and boxed into the corner awaiting the final money shot punch that will end him. Am i correct in assuming this?

Nailed it hahahaha

Khan is that guy you love to hate but not in a fun way like Mayweather.

yeah this is also true, i see what you are saying.

I said I'd rescore this fight this week. Had it 118-110 Khan on fight night (which was wider than almost all the other cards I saw), though, as I said, it was a close fight overall with Khan simply edging the majority of the rounds. After rewatching, I only give Algieri one more round and have it 117-111. Algieri did far better than I expected him to do, Khan looked poor, and the fight was close overall, but I think Khan did enough to win 9 rounds.

I didn't score it because I thought it was a mismatch going in.

Watching without actually scoring, I felt like it could have gone either way. Algieri was doing pretty good work in a lot of rounds.

Watching without actually scoring, I felt like it could have gone either way. Algieri was doing pretty good work in a lot of rounds.

I thought ALgeri had it by a round. I feel a lot of people were overrating Khan's work, BECAUSE they expected it. But at the same time, maybe I was just very surprised by Algeri. Damn subjective nonsense.

yeah, I thought he looked less defined and muscular than previously

His physique was not what it was in his last fight. He looked weak, not sure what happened.

I said I'd rescore this fight this week. Had it 118-110 Khan on fight night (which was wider than almost all the other cards I saw), though, as I said, it was a close fight overall with Khan simply edging the majority of the rounds. After rewatching, I only give Algieri one more round and have it 117-111. Algieri did far better than I expected him to do, Khan looked poor, and the fight was close overall, but I think Khan did enough to win 9 rounds.

I thought ALgeri had it by a round. I feel a lot of people were overrating Khan's work, BECAUSE they expected it. But at the same time, maybe I was just very surprised by Algeri. Damn subjective nonsense.

I had it a draw. Algieri moved forward while landing the bigger shots and doing better work inside throughout the majority of the fight. Khan moved backwards and landed less effective shots at only a slightly higher rate. Algieri never appeared to be hurt, while Khan appeared hurt at least 3 times. I just did not see a one-sided fight at all.

Punchstats had Khan landing like 19 more punches, if I remember correctly. That's less than 2 more per round, while Algieri moved forward and threw harder punches.

Algieri moved forward while landing the bigger shots and doing better work inside throughout the majority of the fight.

This is how I saw it, plus the periodic shots that appeared to be damaging just gave evidence that he was doing very well.

This is how I saw it, plus the periodic shots that appeared to be damaging just gave evidence that he was doing very well.

Yeah, I could see the judges going with Khan, but the scores were really bad. Khan really accomplished very little in that fight against Algieri.

Khan vs Thurman, with Paulie vs Algieri on the undercard should be next. I'd enjoy that tremendously.

Yeah, I could see the judges going with Khan, but the scores were really bad. Khan really accomplished very little in that fight against Algieri.

Khan vs Thurman, with Paulie vs Algieri on the undercard should be next. I'd enjoy that tremendously.

You're really pushing Paulie-Algieri, aren't you?

You're really pushing Paulie-Algieri, aren't you?

It's gotta happen. New York rivalry, Italian bloodlines, featherfists flying. Tagline: Rye Bread vs Ravioli.

His physique was not what it was in his last fight. He looked weak, not sure what happened.

I had it a draw. Algieri moved forward while landing the bigger shots and doing better work inside throughout the majority of the fight. Khan moved backwards and landed less effective shots at only a slightly higher rate. Algieri never appeared to be hurt, while Khan appeared hurt at least 3 times. I just did not see a one-sided fight at all.

Punchstats had Khan landing like 19 more punches, if I remember correctly. That's less than 2 more per round, while Algieri moved forward and threw harder punches.

I actually saw it the other way around. Algieri landed a few really flush punches on Khan when his chin was just sitting out there to be hit, but in general, most of his work was somewhat unsubstantial body work (of course, it landed and counts, but it's not what I'd consider debilitating work). I think Khan generally landed the cleaner, more eye-catching shots. Also, Khan never appeared to be hurt to me. Khan always looks a little stunned after taking a shot because he is often in very poor position to take a shot, but the only real instance in the fight where I thought a fighter was genuinely hurt was in round 10 and it was Algieri that was hurt. I didn't really see it as a one-sided fight because almost every single round of the fight was fairly close, but I think it's entirely justifiable to get a score like 117-111 Khan. What I do think is reasonable is for Algieri's stock to rise and Khan's stock to fall, though, because more or less everyone (myself included) saw this as an easy stay busy fight for Khan, and it wasn't an easy fight for him, by any means.

I actually saw it the other way around. Algieri landed a few really flush punches on Khan when his chin was just sitting out there to be hit, but in general, most of his work was somewhat unsubstantial body work (of course, it landed and counts, but it's not what I'd consider debilitating work). I think Khan generally landed the cleaner, more eye-catching shots. Also, Khan never appeared to be hurt to me. Khan always looks a little stunned after taking a shot because he is often in very poor position to take a shot, but the only real instance in the fight where I thought a fighter was genuinely hurt was in round 10 and it was Algieri that was hurt. I didn't really see it as a one-sided fight because almost every single round of the fight was fairly close, but I think it's entirely justifiable to get a score like 117-111 Khan. What I do think is reasonable is for Algieri's stock to rise and Khan's stock to fall, though, because more or less everyone (myself included) saw this as an easy stay busy fight for Khan, and it wasn't an easy fight for him, by any means.

The real question is, who do you got...Algieri or Paulie?

It's gotta happen. New York rivalry, Italian bloodlines, featherfists flying. Tagline: Rye Bread vs Ravioli.

It's also completely irrelevant to anything happening in the WW division, as is Thurman-Collazo.

It's also completely irrelevant to anything happening in the WW division, as is Thurman-Collazo.

...yeah, but the difference is that Thurman is relevant, making Thurman vs Collazo a pointless fight.

Paulie is irrelevant. Algieri is irrelevant. The most relevant thing they can do is fight each other for King of New York. The guy from the wrong side of the tracks vs the middle class college kid. The Greasers vs the Soc's. Lasagna vs Egg whites. Who would have the larger sunglasses at the presser? The guido-ier haircut?

It's a competitive fight for both of them, and relevant to their careers, without the risk of serious brain damage for Paulie, who's had enough.

sometimes, some fights aren't relevant to their divisions at the time... but they gots to happen.

sometimes, some fights aren't relevant to their divisions at the time... but they gots to happen.

I suppose Thurman has to stay busy, but I would have preferred Alexander off a loss than Collazo.

Back