American Top Team in Columbia, missouri

Lock Down

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to MU and was really looking forward to training with Kiko France at ATTmo, but from what I here Wade Rome moved the gym to moberly ,or something like that. Does anyone know of any other good gyms in Columbia? Looking for primarily bjj, but judo would also be fine. Looking for more than a google search.

If you plan on going on an ATT affiliated gym, check it out before you sign up. Theres one here in NJ, but the gym feels like a McDojo. packed classes all day with no real instructor to student training. I would recommend going to a smaller school that will give you more feedback and attention.

Well ATT Columbia disbanned at the end of July. There was rumor that a new school was opening in macon but it wasn't going to be ATT. One of their browns is teaching in Sedailia MO. There is also a group of ATT students that is doing something in Columbia still but I have few details at this point.

In Columbia there isn't really any other BJJ schools. There are a few places that do MMA but most are more like fight clubs than schools. There is a judo group at MU but I know little about them.

I have a feeling that something will come up shortly in that market to fill the void though. Columbia and the surrounding area are in need of a quality BJJ school. I think there were 3 active browns at ATT columbia when they disbanded, I could see any of them doing there own thing if they could put the finances together.

My good friend Zack Lennon was one of the browns under Kiko. He did open a school, I don't yet know what it's called or where it's located, but I'll call and find out and post the info here.

Zack is a very good competitor, fighter, and teacher. He was an assistant coach at our Gracie Barra school back when he was high blue and purple, and he was a technique geek. He's won a lot of tournaments (Arnold Classic a few times), and he's a good guy.

I'm sure if you check his school out, you won't be disappointed.

First, sorry for misspelling his name. It's Zach Lenon. We used to call him "Bolinho", but I guess Kiko re-nicknamed him. His school is on E. Broadway, next to a Casey's convenience store, by the old ATT facility.
Look him up, he's a great guy. He also has a brother (also a brown), who teaches I think in St Louis.

The old ATT was just past 63 out of the city limits. The Casey's is on the south side there is a strip mall looking building just west of it which is where ATT was. From what I understand it on the top floor where ATT took up the basement area.

Yeah so far all the info on here is right. Zach did open a school just above the old ATT location. It's called Cavallo (sp?) BJJ. He runs classes five or six days a week, I can't remember quite right. I'm pretty sure classes are Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, and Sat, classes start at 6:30. Last I was there he didn't have any official days for GI or NoGi. He's a Brown Belt under Kiko, who actually now lives, trains, and teaches in Arizona. From what I hear Kiko will still be coming up to teach seminars and rank students.

Zach's brother Ezra teaches BJJ at Finney's (sp?) in St. Louis.

Wade Rome is in the process of opening up a BJJ/MMA school in Macon, about an hour north of Columbia. Classes should start October 1st, 2010. Wade is a Black Belt under Ricardo Liborio, owner of ATT. He also goes down to Cavallo's from time to time I think as well.

If you have any questions just post them up and I'll see what I can find out. I live in Macon and have trained with Wade a few times, and will be training with him again this Thursday.

Oh prices at Zach's school are like 75 a month if you sign up electronic payment, and like 120 or something a month cash. If you just want to train from time to time or try a class, you can pay by the day it's 10 dollars a day. But the 75 is totally worth it, Zach's an awesome instructor and really chill guy.

younwha,

PM your contact info or a email if you would.

Yeah so far all the info on here is right. Zach did open a school just above the old ATT location. It's called Cavallo (sp?) BJJ. He runs classes five or six days a week, I can't remember quite right. I'm pretty sure classes are Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, and Sat, classes start at 6:30. Last I was there he didn't have any official days for GI or NoGi. He's a Brown Belt under Kiko, who actually now lives, trains, and teaches in Arizona. From what I hear Kiko will still be coming up to teach seminars and rank students.

Wade Rome is in the process of opening up a BJJ/MMA school in Macon, about an hour north of Columbia. Classes should start October 1st, 2010. Wade is a Black Belt under Ricardo Liborio, owner of ATT. He also goes down to Cavallo's from time to time I think as well.

If you have any questions just post them up and I'll see what I can find out. I live in Macon and have trained with Wade a few times, and will be training with him again this Thursday.

Oh prices at Zach's school are like 75 a month if you sign up electronic payment, and like 120 or something a month cash. If you just want to train from time to time or try a class, you can pay by the day it's 10 dollars a day. But the 75 is totally worth it, Zach's an awesome instructor and really chill guy.

thanks for the info man i go to MU to and have been looking for a decent gym i can afford, sounds like a good deal ill have to check it out!

Please PM me either your, Zach, or Wade Rome's contact info if you can. Thank you!

Please PM me either your, Zach, or Wade Rome's contact info if you can. Thank you!

Alot of people won't forward other people's contact info on a forum. You may want to do a quick FB check, I'm willing to bet you find something there.

Back