• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AMC's PREACHER (Season 4 Trailer)

nah the black grail guy took the 1% soul out of the saint. You can hear the device running and chimming when it cuts to the back of the armored truck shortly before the black guy runs away .

Also if you noticed the black guy was studying the diagram for the soul device when he first made contact with the saint. That was the book he was highlighting.

Show has a lot of little things that add up, helps with the slow pacing. Just gotta keep an eye out otherwise some scenes don't make as much sense as they should.

It wouldn't surprise me if the grail used that 1% to control Jesse or if its the reason behind the word not working right away against the secretary last episode.
Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Im surprised the show is getting low ratings.
Im still enjoying it quite a bit. Jessie a d crew haven't been all that exciting as of late, but it's the bad guys that have kept me intrigued. The Saint, the bald guy, and all the stuff in hell has been so weird and different that it's kept my attention.
I do think they are waiting the 3 main characters though. Their story is moving too slow considering everyone else around them seem to be doing all kinds of shit.

Pretty disappointing season finale really. Denis's death was expected but seemed too soon. Hope they do Angelville justice next year.

Season as a whole had it's good moments, but again pretty disappointing.

Haven't seen the finale yet. The show seems fun to watch, second season takes a huuuge step in the fantasy aspect of the Preacher universe. Still not sure how I feel about it, the concepts are cool and interesting, like that Chinese soul collecting buissines, but Jessie all of the sudden knowing about the whole underground market of soul collecting seemed to come out of nowhere.

I think the Word not working properly is because Jesse doesn't have his entire soul. The Word didn't work on Saint because he didn't have a soul, so it might require a full soul to function properly.

Lol at Eugene realizing he made a mistake in busting Hitler out of hell.
I thought they were gonna kill Hitler immediately when he got hit by a car just for him to be sent back to hell

I think the Word not working properly is because Jesse doesn't have his entire soul. The Word didn't work on Saint because he didn't have a soul, so it might require a full soul to function properly.

Lol at Eugene realizing he made a mistake in busting Hitler out of hell.
I thought they were gonna kill Hitler immediately when he got hit by a car just for him to be sent back to hell

The word worked on the Saint earlier when Jesse already gave him 1% of his soul......in fact it was the only reason it worked on the Saint.

Haven't seen the finale yet. The show seems fun to watch, second season takes a huuuge step in the fantasy aspect of the Preacher universe. Still not sure how I feel about it, the concepts are cool and interesting, like that Chinese soul collecting buissines, but Jessie all of the sudden knowing about the whole underground market of soul collecting seemed to come out of nowhere.

It was stated Angelville were in the soul collecting business.......Angelville being where Jesse grew up.

The word worked on the Saint earlier when Jesse already gave him 1% of his soul......in fact it was the only reason it worked on the Saint.
Yes, that was my point, it worked on the Saint only when he had 1% of Jesse's soul.

So maybe using the word in a guaranteed way requires a 100% of a soul from the user.

Yes, that was my point, it worked on the Saint only when he had 1% of Jesse's soul.

So maybe using the word in a guaranteed way requires a 100% of a soul from the user.

???

What do you mean? Jesse used The Word when he had 99% of his soul, and it worked on the Saint (who had the other 1%) and other people too.

Im still enjoying it quite a bit. Jessie a d crew haven't been all that exciting as of late, but it's the bad guys that have kept me intrigued. The Saint, the bald guy, and all the stuff in hell has been so weird and different that it's kept my attention.
I do think they are waiting the 3 main characters though. Their story is moving too slow considering everyone else around them seem to be doing all kinds of shit.

its because it deviated to far from the comic. I stay around for the first season and that was tough. Havent watched one episode of the 2nd season

I'm not. I'm done with the show. Season 1 was good lots of mysteries and interesting things going on. This season has been trash with very few good episodes. I deleted it form my media server. It started off good and then fell off hard. I have no interest in trying to see Jessie be god.

I didn't go through all the post here but are the bad feedback here stemming from it not following closely to the source? I don't know anything about the comic book but I enjoyed the hell out of this season

I didn't go through all the post here but are the bad feedback here stemming from it not following closely to the source? I don't know anything about the comic book but I enjoyed the hell out of this season

read it

Cliffhanger ending for season 2. Will keep watching even though season 2 wasnt as good as season 1.

- Cassiday is officially human-level strength. Which is extremely disappointing. He couldn't even break free from Jesse's half-assed RNC. Weakest. Vampire. Ever:rolleyes:

- Team Germany representing: Herr Starr and Hitler are the Season MVP's, along with The Saint. Starr should just make Hitler the new Messiah; he'd already got the fan base.;)

- The website Dennis had on his laptop, Les Enfants de Sang: in the comics, that's the name of the group led by a Vampire who Cassiday kills by exposing him to sunlight.

- Hooper had the best line in the finale, "You're out of moisturizer...bitch!":D

@Dragonlordxxxxx has a third season been confirmed yet, and if so, is there any word on who will play TC and Jodie?

Last edited:

I think the show throwing it's more fantastical elements at you, with no real explanation is a bit of a problem. I like the universe of the show, but the truth is, they haven't really developed it all that well. You're just supposed to accept everything.

Anyways, decent season. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think much happened though. Seemed like one big stall to get to Angelville arc. Still a fun ride, and I think they have done The Grail story line justice so far. Herr Starr was the savior of this season.

One thing I really hope for next season though, is that they put Seth Rogan on a leash, and tone down his brand of humor. Mainly the bro dude dialogue in certain scenes. It's completely out of place, and takes you right out of the show. Jesus using modern lingo, was cringe inducing. The Hell river guy, just talking normal and cracking wise was stupid as well. Now that I think of it, I don't think it was too prevalent, but when that type of humor and dialogue would pop up out of nowhere, it stuck out so much. The show has some naturally funny stuff, and treating certain scenes like an SNL skit, is not needed. It just makes a mockery of the show.

Show holds steady at a 7/10.

I think they're going to really need to knock it out the park next season, if they hope for a fourth one though. I hope they have a "cancellation" ending in mind, just in case, because I don't know if AMC will renew it, if ratings don't pick up.

I think the show throwing it's more fantastical elements at you, with no real explanation is a bit of a problem. I like the universe of the show, but the truth is, they haven't really developed it all that well. You're just supposed to accept everything.

Anyways, decent season. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think much happened though. Seemed like one big stall to get to Angelville arc. Still a fun ride, and I think they have done The Grail story line justice so far. Herr Starr was the savior of this season.

One thing I really hope for next season though, is that they put Seth Rogan on a leash, and tone down his brand of humor. Mainly the bro dude dialogue in certain scenes. It's completely out of place, and takes you right out of the show. Jesus using modern lingo, was cringe inducing. The Hell river guy, just talking normal and cracking wise was stupid as well. Now that I think of it, I don't think it was too prevalent, but when that type of humor and dialogue would pop up out of nowhere, it stuck out so much. The show has some naturally funny stuff, and treating certain scenes like an SNL skit, is not needed. It just makes a mockery of the show.

Show holds steady at a 7/10.

I think they're going to really need to knock it out the park next season, if they hope for a fourth one though. I hope they have a "cancellation" ending in mind, just in case, because I don't know if AMC will renew it, if ratings don't pick up.
I pretty much agree with everything you said. Also their timeline is whacked out as fuck. In the first season I thought the show was set in the 80's judging by the tech, then the second season picks up and they start throwing out twitter refferences and all this other modern day tech. It's just a very weird show with a lot of unused potential. I hope season 3 start being a bit more stable with character development, timeline and powerlevel fuckery. I still don't understand why Jessie can't use God voice. At first I was like "oooh, that's right..they took part of Jessie's sould of the saint" then I was like "but wait a minute, Jessie managed to use God voice on the Saint when he gave him part of his soul" it just doesn't add up. Also, I really don't understand why did Tulip have to die? She was one of the saving parts of the entire show and they killed her. Shit sucks.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Also their timeline is whacked out as fuck. In the first season I thought the show was set in the 80's judging by the tech, then the second season picks up and they start throwing out twitter refferences and all this other modern day tech. It's just a very weird show with a lot of unused potential. I hope season 3 start being a bit more stable with character development, timeline and powerlevel fuckery. I still don't understand why Jessie can't use God voice. At first I was like "oooh, that's right..they took part of Jessie's sould of the saint" then I was like "but wait a minute, Jessie managed to use God voice on the Saint when he gave him part of his soul" it just doesn't add up. Also, I really don't understand why did Tulip have to die? She was one of the saving parts of the entire show and they killed her. Shit sucks.

In regards to Tulip...

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. SERIOUS COMIC SPOILER

She dies in the comic too, but is brought back to life by God in Angelville. She'll be back.

As far as the voice goes, the soul thing doesn't bother me as much as Jessie not using it in situations where he would. Like when he doesn't want to wear a hood to the Grail's secret lair. Like, why does he just go along with it? He could just say "Don't put that hood on me, and take me to the messiah. In fact, you don't even have to take me. Draw me a map in excruciating detail. I'll get there myself and talk my way in."

I don't like that convenient on again off again aspect of Jessie using the voice.

As far as the voice goes, the soul thing doesn't bother me as much as Jessie not using it in situations where he would. Like when he doesn't want to wear a hood to the Grail's secret lair. Like, why does he just go along with it? He could just say "Don't put that hood on me, and take me to the messiah. In fact, you don't even have to take me. Draw me a map in excruciating detail. I'll get there myself and talk my way in."

I don't like that convenient on again off again aspect of Jessie using the voice.

He actually uses it relatively sparingly in the comics too. As he says to Cassidy (paraphrasing) "It wouldn't be good to be too reliant on the thing."

Back