Amazing MMA Facts

Here's an interesting one:

Shane Carwin won his first 12 fights in a COMBINED time of less than 20 minutes -- this includes wins over Frank Mir and Gabriel Gonzaga. Only two fighters lasted more than 120 seconds against him (until Brock and JDS).

Can anyone best that bit of trvia?
I believe 12-2 Shane Carwin spent more time in the cage losing than winning.

It is very close.
17min 19 sec in his 2 losses
And approx
16.5 min in his 12 wins

(I estimated the time on his wins)

The man was very efficient in his wins.
MMA fights don't get paid by the minute.
Shane's hourly salary would probably be amongst the highest though due to his entire career spanning g just over half an hour.

Ronda would have him beat as she had bigger paydays and less fights, with similar stats as far as many short fights under 1min.

Hulk hogan and Vince McMahon were gonna buy the ufc but it was too violent, brother.....

Here's an interesting one:

Shane Carwin won his first 12 fights in a COMBINED time of less than 20 minutes -- this includes wins over Frank Mir and Gabriel Gonzaga. Only two fighters lasted more than 120 seconds against him (until Brock and JDS).

Can anyone best that bit of trvia?
Shane Carwin had the biggest hands in UFC history: 5XL

Okay this is quite recent one :

LW prospect Mateusz Rebecki got a nickname from Dana because he couldn't say his name correctly. He called him Rebeasti because he is the beast.
BUT
Rebecki already had a nickname and it's.... Chinaman. My best guess is that Dana wanted to give him new nickname because Chinaman was racist LOL

I believe 12-2 Shane Carwin spent more time in the cage losing than winning.

It is very close.
17min 19 sec in his 2 losses
And approx
16.5 min in his 12 wins

(I estimated the time on his wins)

The man was very efficient in his wins.
MMA fights don't get paid by the minute.
Shane's hourly salary would probably be amongst the highest though due to his entire career spanning g just over half an hour.

Ronda would have him beat as she had bigger paydays and less fights, with similar stats as far as many short fights under 1min.
Well, technically we could say that for a large part of the Lesner fight he was destroying Brock, and then lost in the final minutes. I've never seen the Gonzaga fight, so don't know how that went, but he was putting a beat down on Brock for most of the fight...

Back