Amatuer Boxing European Olympic Qualifying

That Pat McCormack has to be turning pro soon surely.

saw his brother Luke’s fight in the semis yesterday, against some french fella. Lost on a SD but a fantastic fight. Fair play to both

we’ll pick up a few medals at the Olympics imo

i thought it was a risky strategy to try and bring the guy on, he seemed to do a lot better when he stood his ground and traded in the 3rd, some very good fights

its back on in 2 hours as well for our yank friends

Yafai was unlucky to he disqualified? Not as unlucky as his opponent though, with those cuts right before the Olympics.
Great fight up until the stoppage

Yafai was unlucky to he disqualified? Not as unlucky as his opponent though, with those cuts right before the Olympics.
Great fight up until the stoppage

that was possibly the best fight ive seen this year am or pro

the pair of them very unlucky indeed, i think the nature of the way those 2 were really leaning into punches, heads were bound to clash a little bit

that was possibly the best fight ive seen this year am or pro

the pair of them very unlucky indeed, i think the nature of the way those 2 were really leaning into punches, heads were bound to clash a little bit

I agree, great fight. Pat McCormacks fight, and his brother Luke’s semi we’re really good fights as well. Thoroughly enjoyed what I’ve seen and much prefer the new format. Sets these guys up way better for when they step up to pro as well

we’ve got 4, maybe 5 fighters that are in with a real chance of gold at the Olympics, and a couple more that could medal. Thank you national lottery funding!

The big boys final is in the evening session. Probably gotta favour Fraser Clarke in this one as he only beat his opponent earlier this year. He’s a decent shout for a medal at the Olympics as well

We've definitely had some good matches today. Ukrainian is just throwing everything and not slowing down

Reyes deserved to lose there imo. Didn't really land anything significant and no idea why he kept turning his back in that first round.

Reyes deserved to lose there imo. Didn't really land anything significant and no idea why he kept turning his back in that first round.

it was odd, clearly he was the mosre skilled fighter, but after a good stat started messing about a bit, neither of them looked particulary good in all honesty, both of them seemed to be petrified of being hit

Well that was a shit round for Clarke to say the least. He's just throwing wild and leaving himself open for too much.

What’s happening with the amateur boxing governing body and their fall out with the Olympics - at one point boxing wasn’t going to feature at the Olympics IIRC...

Back