Am the only one wondering where Anik gets his RANDOM info from?

It's not a mystery. Fighters meet with commentators during fight week to chat. It's routine.
Which is why I asked the other portion of my post, what would compel him to think the fighters want info like the custody battle out there?

I also think not all the fighters go around telling him all of the weirder facts he has told. Could be wrong though.

Thats wasnt all that random, he probably speaks with the fighters and their corners about how are things going and someone probably spilled the beans on that, i didnt found it to be something he said in bad lightning, but it seems the guy didnt took it so well iirc.

Last edited:
Which is why I asked the other portion of my post, what would compel him to think the fighters want info like the custody battle out there?

I also think not all the fighters go around telling him all of the weirder facts he has told. Could be wrong though.
Probably combination of social media and maybe Anik is an excellent conversationalist in small settings would be my guess.

Edit: Info is there to make people more relatable and human. Mileage may vary.

When Anik starts mentioning stuff on air like "Chuck with that look in his eyes" or "Conor 8.0", then you know he lurks Sherdog to get the juicy MMA facts (obviously he's not a member because he's too short)
<{UberTS}>

Some people lack boundaries and even want others to talk about their personal lives. I also have to assume everything they answer is fair game in those pre fight meetings.

"Alright we have a world title bout on the way sponsored by Modelo Speciale...its funny because this is the brand of beer that the father of the champion tonight would throw at his head when he was 5 years old,whenever he wet the bed and tell him he wasnt worth anything. This was the fuel for him to become the fighter you see today!...and his other opponent was arrested for attempted murder,but the witness disappeared....anyway thats that one punch KO power in effect! now lets get to the particulars...."

It reminds of an old sketch from Les Inconnus where the commentators keep delving into an athlete's private life, but always add that it's none of their business.

I don't know, but I believe that journalists generally do some research, rather than just showing up on the day of the event and winging it.

He asks them lol

That’s my least favorite thing about Anik, I get he’s into being a Dad, but stop calling people “so and so’s dad!”

Back