Am I the only one who thinks Wlad will destroy Furry this time?

Tyson gave Wlad (a past his prime one admittedly) a boring boxing lesson, but a lesson nonetheless. He gave him no target to land his jab. If he can't land his touch jab first then he isn't comfortable throwing his right hand or any power punches that aren't setup off of it for that matter. He was taught this by Steward and programmed this way. Tyson knew this and exploited it by using movement and good defense to nullify that jab and land his own shots to beat him on points. This has already been discussed.

Fury beats him on points in the rematch again or Wlad throws caution to the wind and knocks him out. In doing that, he risks getting knocked out himself. Wlad has no inside game at all, other than clinching, he's a pure, powerful out-fighter. Manny Steward taught him to master his range control and use his reach advantage to constantly control distance/spacing from outside. Tyson has the reach advantage, can avoid his jab to set up his harder punches and can land counter punches, so that's why he lost.

I talked about this here a while ago and posted an article about it. Tyson was confident in beating Wlad the first time because he knew exactly what made Wlad tick and how to neutralize and beat it.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/face-to-face-fury-klitschko.3265995/#post-117750701
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2016/06/fury-vs-klitschko-boxing-lesson

This. When you have a way of fighting that is all you know you can't just suddenly revolutionise the way you fight. The way Wlad fights is all Wlad has. He'd have to completely reinvent the way he fights and turn into a come forward aggressive pressure fighter to get to Fury. That's not happening. He will default to type and Fury will win in the same manner as last time.

Wlad has the best jab in boxing history,he will land it and land it easy this time, no reach is going to stop it. IF fury had a power jab then maybe,but he doesn't.Wlad will take control early and try an early k.o which will have a high possibility of happening before round 8.

most of the time, the winner of the first fight wins the second one easier. many notable exceptions but you gotta go with boxing history.

Joe Louis / Shmelling
Norton/Ali
Frazier / Ali
Holmes / Spinks 2 ( Holmes actually won that fight)
Bowe/ Holyfield
Holyfield/ Moorer
Lewis/ Rhaman
Lewis/ McCall
Klitchko /Brewster

These are a list of championship HW fights that ended differently in rematches. klitchko has never lost a rematch and has looked better fighting the same guy twice.

Joe Louis / Shmelling
Norton/Ali
Frazier / Ali
Holmes / Spinks 2 ( Holmes actually won that fight)
Bowe/ Holyfield
Holyfield/ Moorer
Lewis/ Rhaman
Lewis/ McCall
Klitchko /Brewster

These are a list of championship HW fights that ended differently in rematches. klitchko has never lost a rematch and has looked better fighting the same guy twice.
yes, I know it happens, but generally the guy that wins the first one wins the second one easier.

Not trying to make excuses, but Klit was having some lady issues the first time around as well. His wife was admitted into a clinic for postpartum depression a few weeks before the fight. I'm just saying, if your mind is not right, you can't fight right. Maybe he is past his prime or is limited in some ways, but for me, fuck fighting if that is happening at home.

yes, I know it happens, but generally the guy that wins the first one wins the second one easier.
Im not so sure about that as i can list many fights as well like Ruddock/Tyson......Lewis /Holyfield ...etcthe only fighter to have clear cut easier rematches that comes to mind is Joe Louis . Wlad is also very skilled /intelligent and like Louis looked better in rematches !

yes, yes I know, I know, the old axiom usually holds though, i'd say 75 percent or more of the time.

Back