am i the only one who thinks that was a sloppy fight?

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
don't get me wrong. I know Cain and JDS are beasts, they showed a lot of heart and tenacity. I don't pretend to come up with any '' fedor would have crushed both'' shit...but honestly JDS looked god awful. I'm still waiting for an excuse to come like staph infection, foot injury, etc... because he looked extremely bad. Cain did a magnificent job but i was also surprised because he could have finished jds so many times. I know that the takedown attempts in the first round tired the hell out of him but they both looked like zombies by the 3rd round. I think Cain needs to work a lot on his submission skills, he seemed content with smothering JDS with punches on the ground but a good sub would have ended the fight. He has the top control and wresslin, if he improves his bjj that's it.

I agree that Cain should work on submission skills after the fight. JDS is a tough guy that you want to put away as soon as you can, like any opponent. I didn't think either looked sloppy, just beat to shit.

Wins where one guy overwhelms the other by cardio often look sloppy, but they take a lot of heart, training and athleticism. JDS looked bad because he was swarmed by Cain. Cain looked bad (I don't think he looked bad, but I'll grant your premise), because he was pushing a relentless pace to keep JDS from being able to recover.

JDS looked awful because he was rocked/ hurt early in the fight and never had a chance to recover with Cain smothering him. He looked great before that easily stuffing anf getting up from cains takedowns. props to cain, he hurt jds on the feet

JDS looked awful because he was rocked/ hurt early in the fight and never had a chance to recover with Cain smothering him. He looked great before that easily stuffing anf getting up from cains takedowns. props to cain, he hurt jds on the feet

Man....when i saw that first round i just could not believe it. I would have never imagined that outcome in a million years.

Fans are too conditioned with the super technical lighter weight classes.....this was the first time in a long time we saw a heavyweight fight go a long time, and clearly you see the difference in technique.

Funny enough many of the people hating on how the fight "looked", also complain that there are too many fighters under 155.

i would love for you to try that pace for a full round and then when you cant feel your legs or cant hold up your arms talk crap

Cain likes to punch people instead of submitting them. That's just the way he likes fighting. It may have been sloppy but it was a fun fight, Cain dragged JDS into deep water and JDS couldn't keep up with him after the 2nd round even. Cain made JDS fight Cain's fight, if you know what I mean. JDS is usually the one who has pushed the pace, this time he was the one backing up and constantly defending.

I guess you didn't see how gassed out those two Lightweights were after the ridiculous pace set in the 1st round. Now imagine adding 60-70lbs and doing the same thing for FIVE rounds.

cain had opportunity after opportunity to finish the fight, but instead, he wanted to drag it out and make it sloppy.

Wins where one guy overwhelms the other by cardio often look sloppy, but they take a lot of heart, training and athleticism. JDS looked bad because he was swarmed by Cain. Cain looked bad (I don't think he looked bad, but I'll grant your premise), because he was pushing a relentless pace to keep JDS from being able to recover.

This. You must train b/c you completely understand what happened. Cain came in with a great gameplan and it takes a very special athlete to pull it off. JDS was simply overwhelmed by the guy who beat Brock Lesnar like he was a 5th grade bully. Cain is a brute and after this fight I don't see Bones beating him or anyone else right now. Maybe a 5 star football athlete who prefers MMA will come along and beat Cain but for now... Cain's the man.

This. You must train b/c you completely understand what happened. Cain came in with a great gameplan and it takes a very special athlete to pull it off. JDS was simply overwhelmed by the guy who beat Brock Lesnar like he was a 5th grade bully. Cain is a brute and after this fight I don't see Bones beating him or anyone else right now. Maybe a 5 star football athlete who prefers MMA will come along and beat Cain but for now... Cain's the man.

Bones? wtf
He wouldn't make top 10 in hw

Fans are too conditioned with the super technical lighter weight classes.....this was the first time in a long time we saw a heavyweight fight go a long time, and clearly you see the difference in technique.

Funny enough many of the people hating on how the fight "looked", also complain that there are too many fighters under 155.

That is actually a good point the only other title fight in HW that went to champion rounds that I can think of right now is Couture/Sylvia and that had a full round if Tim laying on Randy the pace was nowhere near this one

Fedor vs CroCop went a long time and looked great.

Anyhow, a lot of how bad JDS vs Cain looked had to do with JDS's getting rocked hard early on and both being tired fast. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with nerves too. Some people can't handle there nerves as well as others and get too huge an adrenaline dump and I think that happened in this fight. Other than that fighters should always make sure to keep there cardio extremely high.

i do, but even training or sparing does not compare with a real fight, i know it's very hard......i understand that these guys are huge and it sucks a shitload of energy out of them to perform a takedown or even defend one. In Cain's case though, it surprised me a bit because i've seen him fight at a ridiculous pace against guys that were bigger than Dos Santos and he went full blast for 3 rounds. To my surprise he got tired like i've never seen him before. But hey. it was a war.

don't get me wrong. I know Cain and JDS are beasts, they showed a lot of heart and tenacity. I don't pretend to come up with any '' fedor would have crushed both'' shit...but honestly JDS looked god awful. I'm still waiting for an excuse to come like staph infection, foot injury, etc... because he looked extremely bad. Cain did a magnificent job but i was also surprised because he could have finished jds so many times. I know that the takedown attempts in the first round tired the hell out of him but they both looked like zombies by the 3rd round. I think Cain needs to work a lot on his submission skills, he seemed content with smothering JDS with punches on the ground but a good sub would have ended the fight. He has the top control and wresslin, if he improves his bjj that's it.

This is why many people in Brazil is saying that the fight was fixed. I completely disagree, but it makes sense considering the no-game plan of JDS, Cain lack of interest in finishing the fight, and Cain as the major figure to hype the marketing of UFC in Mexico.

cain had opportunity after opportunity to finish the fight, but instead, he wanted to drag it out and make it sloppy.

Or, he was smart and didn't want to get caught being over aggressive.

As for the fight, it was a pair of heavyweights fighting at a lightweight pace.

This is why many people in Brazil is saying that the fight was fixed. I completely disagree, but it makes sense considering the no-game plan of JDS, Cain lack of interest in finishing the fight, and Cain as the major figure to hype the marketing of UFC in Mexico.

LOL
If he got paid 10+ mill to lose, that's not bad at all.

Back