Am I the only one who doesnt know how good Costa really is yet?

Saying he looked average is a bit silly. How did you want him to look? Beating Romero is a big thing, period. He makes everyone either unconscious or average looking at best .

He is fucked against top MW's if he doesn't KO then within 2? By top you mean 3 guys? That's a stretch to say that he is fucked. He still walked through everybody's punches even when tagged. You were taking very dissmissingly about the dude like he is just a can who hits hard.

I think by saying he'd struggle with the top guys, I'm pretty clearly saying he isn't a can.

As I've said before, name one person who ever gassed against Romero in the UFC.

Paulo Costa has heavy hands but has shown susceptibility to gas, might have some chin issues, short reach

hes really shown nothing but heavy hands

although luckily for him, the only legitimate wrestler he has to worry about anytime soon is Yoel Romero who he just survived and probably lost years of his career with

and for some reason Yoel doesnt like to use his olympic caliber wrestling, and prefers to stand and brawl like a wild psychopath

Thought Mero beat him. Hes nothing special just a juice head Braz

does costa have a ground game?
Well hes a black belt in BJJ. Not saying he is a D Maia or anything, but he does have the grappling aspect. Never really seen him try for takedowns a lot. I think he definitely has an edge on izzy in the grappling department. He does have really good boxing as well, but izzy is a hard guy to hit. I can see him being able to hit izzy, and if he uses the same strategy Kelvin did he will be successful. His boxing is good enough where he does have head movement unlike bobby knuckles.

Romero didn't quite perform in his last fight, so TS is right, Costa isn't really tested yet. But MW is dead now, so Costa can be the rightful contender. I expect Izzy to KO him.

I like him as people get triggered due to his roids, often these are Romero fans which is mind boggling to me... still, never cared much.

Depends if Costa can get in and land. We've seen numerous fighters get hit with that one big shot which ended or changed a fight. Israel seems smart and he would be wise to not let Costa hit him as much as he let Kelvin. It's a hard one to call. After Israel's last fight, I have to give him the edge though. I'm one of the people who thought Romero should have gotten the decision vs Costa.

I like him as people get triggered due to his roids, often these are Romero fans which is mind boggling to me... still, never cared much.
I can't really stand Costa nor Romero. No matter if they'll test positive or not in the future, they rely on cutting tons of weight and ballooning up on fight night; i don't really blame them for that, but if it wasn't for the UFCs very questionable weight cutting rules (or lack there of) neither Costa nor Romero would be as good, as they'd either be less muscular at middleweight or fight at light heavyweight..

Romero is actually Natty tho

Well hes a black belt in BJJ. Not saying he is a D Maia or anything, but he does have the grappling aspect. Never really seen him try for takedowns a lot. I think he definitely has an edge on izzy in the grappling department. He does have really good boxing as well, but izzy is a hard guy to hit. I can see him being able to hit izzy, and if he uses the same strategy Kelvin did he will be successful. His boxing is good enough where he does have head movement unlike bobby knuckles.

Machida is a high level BJJ black belt

and any time he got taken down he usually got whooped

Back