Am i the only one thinking Germaine will destroy Holly?

I like holly, but I'm a Jackson-Wink fanboy. I definitely want to see the fight, and I hope it could spark a great future rivalry.

For those of you who don't know who De Randamie is, she currently holds the current woman's record for consecutive wins in pro Kickboxing. Her Dutch Muay Thai style transitioned well in MMA.

Fook she's so badass she even knocked a dude out cold

This is why i always find it funny when Sherdoggers act like a "manlet" couldn't possibly hurt them. If you take a solid punch or shin to the dome you can get knocked the fuck out. Being male or tall doesn't make your body impervious to damage from people under 5'6.

For Holm....who knows? You never know which Holm will show up to fight. If i had to put money down, id probably go with G.

If this is a stand up war, I got Germaine by TKO. She's a legit undefeated Muay Thai champion and that works better for MMA than just being a boxer with a few lazy kicks. Yea Holly has the left leg kick but she's not going to catch Germaine with it.

Germaine can bust her up in the clinch and has good knees. She hits hard and kicks harder, unlike Holly who mostly just punches air. One other factor that might play a huge role in the outcome of this fight is Germaine has a 2" reach advantage on Holly and also a height advantage. Holly lives off of keeping distance with her opponents and then tagging them when they rush in. Germaine won't have to close distance.

One other thing. Nobody has been able to stand and trade with Germaine and that includes Nunes who had to take her down. All of Germaine's losses have come after she's been taken down. She has no ground game but neither does Holly.

Shevchenko mostly uses counter striking (just like Holly) and wrestling. Germaine reminds me of Joanna in a way she uses offensive striking but she has poor ground game.

It is a very interesting matchup. I hope Holly wins because she has the best chance against Cyborg (imo)

Fair point.

I just want Germaine to win to help continue the European take over :)

Wow, the guy clocked her good while getting knocked out lol.

I'm curious which athletic commission is finally going to find that Y chromosome Germaine has been disguising.

I agree. I think Holly is mentally busted. Turning down title fights doesn't scream confidence to me. I understand she accepted against a different opponent but the fact that her and wink both declined the borg fight for a title leads me to believe she's not very sure of herself anymore.

No it's very possible.
She is a big woman (making 135 must be a pain for her) and Holly will be forced to wrestle to win IMO.
With that said I'm rooting for Holly. It would be cool to have the first female 2 division champ in UFC.

As great as Germaine is, she has yet to destroy anyone in MMA that is close to her size. She destroyed Pacheco and Elmore? two women that had no business being in the UFC in the first place. It's a close fight for sure 60-40 in Holly's favor IMO.

I agree. I think Holly is mentally busted. Turning down title fights doesn't scream confidence to me. I understand she accepted against a different opponent but the fact that her and wink both declined the borg fight for a title leads me to believe she's not very sure of herself anymore.

I would decline a fight with Cyborg as well. The fact is everybody knows Cyborg will beat the fuck out of any woman in MMA.

Shevchenko mostly uses counter striking (just like Holly) and wrestling. Germaine reminds me of Joanna in a way she uses offensive striking but she has poor ground game.

It is a very interesting matchup. I hope Holly wins because she has the best chance against Cyborg (imo)

Germaine actually reminds me a bit of Badr Hari with the way she rips in her long hooks, and also the way she uses a glove rip the yank down the guard to clear an opening for a hard right hand. Also like Hari, she likes to get the outside angle on her opponents so that her left hook comes straight in instead of around, and then the right hand comes in from the side to blindside her opponent.

Definitely an interesting matchup, it's one I've wanted to see for some time and now it's actually happening.

It's possible, not counting Holly out though. Not really sure what's going to happen.

I think Germaine should win, shes bigger, stronger, and has real KO power, but one thing concerns me (as someone who wants GDR to win) and that is that shes very aggressive and will push forward which plays into Holly's strength (and where Ronda went wrong)

She needs to balance that forward aggression with being aware of Holly's counter striking.

But shes not stupid, she knows that, shes not going to walk into that trap

I would decline a fight with Cyborg as well. The fact is everybody knows Cyborg will beat the fuck out of any woman in MMA.
That's kind of my point though. It wasn't the weight class that was an issue it was the opponent. Idk just seems weird to see such blatant dodging from Holly.

Back