Am I the only one that thinks it's too soon for Khamzat to fight Usman?

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
I dont mean in terms of story line I mean physically speaking. It was Usman himself that criticized fans and the UFC for rushing guys and not letting them develop like Khamzat. Don't get me wrong...I am hoping Khamzat delivers and beats Kamaru and that this is his shining moment but I dont think he's ready for this caliber of fighter with this much experience yet. Hope I am wrong and this thread gets bumped for it but let's be real...he hasn't fought this year and the last real test he had was March of 2022. His fight with Holland was less than half a round and then he disappears.

Now he's supposed to beat Usman? Especially coming off two losses and will do everything he can to avoid the third loss.

While I can see all the arguments being made that if Khamzat cant beat a no training camp Usman on one knee at middleweight now then he's not the real deal you also have to remember he is still developing and rusty as hell. Last time he fought was barely half a round and the fight before that was April 2022.

I'm a huge Khamzat fan and thought fighting Costa was a perfect challenge of take down defense, offense, etc. Usman has too much experience...however the only chance Khamzat has is if Usman hasn't trained much and truly has no knees left.

I dont mean in terms of story line I mean physically speaking.

Physically speaking, Chimaev is a freak athlete in his fighting prime, while Usman at 35 years-old is most certainly past his fighting prime and has physical ailments so bad that he has to walk down stairs backwards to preserve his knees.

Don't be surprised if Khamzat finishes Usman quicker than he did Holland.

This thread has to be some kind of joke.. Yeah right the guy who is 4 to 1 favorite shouldn't fight his major underdog opponent

Lol the panic begins...

Let me get this straight

Isnt Khamzat supposed to be this combat God... Whos gunna kill Costa a MW , with ease and then now he's gunna lose agaisnt a last minute WW at MW with certainty...and therefore why should he even be fighting Usman...

Wheres all the Khamzat Confidence now? ..

Either way... Khamzat is unproven and thanks to these circumstances he still will be regardless of the result

Still developing LOL. The guy has been hyped as a "top fighter" for nearly 4 years now and has pulled out of as many fights as he's had since then (against mostly very low quality competition). It's long since time for sink or swim for him and considering how shopworn Usman looked in his last fight, I would hardly say this is the deep end... especially at a higher weight class.

If Khamzat feels that he's deserving of a title shot, this is a fight he needs to win. Usman is nearly 37 years old and looked chinny af last time out. Let's be real here... Leon "The Decision" Edwards didn't suddenly become a killer overnight. Usman is far from the same fighter he was 4 years ago.

I would excuse a quick flash KO loss which doesn't really tell us anything but if Khamzat is more gassed than short notice Usman in the 3rd round, I would say it's safe to say he's a dud. Personally, I think Usman is here for a paycheck and will likely retire after

MEPGC4X_o.gif

He's almost 30, not 23. I don't get what you guys think they should fight up the ranks 1 by 1? Back in the day when someone like GSP came around and looked good, he only needed a couple fights before a title shot. Now guys need like 10 in a row. It's stupid.

He is -300. LOL Khamzat fans are a bunch of scared little rabbits. In all his other fights he has been at least -600. Which is insane for MMA

Oh, no!! Let's cancel the fight asap!!! Khamzat is only 29. We should wait at least 10 years before he fights anyone in the top 5 OMG!!

<Ellaria01>

Usman is old (36) and coming off consecutive losses. He is not the guy he was 3 years ago; age waits for no man. Prime Usman would have been an interesting fight. Today's Usman gets rag dolled. Remember how easy Leon took Usman down, Khamzat will take Usman down at will and control him with ease.

It honestly doesn't get any better for Chimaev. Usman coming off 2 losses, on 11 days notice, at 185 that clearly favors Khamzat who's too big for welterweight now. This is like a gift really. Not to say I think Usman is an easy fight or garantueed win whatsoever, but the conditions couldn't be any better for Khamzat.

Nah, considering the circumstance, seems about right.

Its too late, its not even at WW to begin with, its on short notice.

If he had made weight against Diaz, and usman didn’t get head kicked by leon in the first fight he was already next.

now he gets usman on less than 2 weeks notice, and at a higher weight class, and in a 3 round fight. If he’s going to fight usman this is the best time to do so.

Back