Am I missing something? Odds for AA/Mir.

It's hard not to look better against Bigfoot and a brawling Todd Duffee with no game plan. When he's fought other heavyweights with something resembling a striking base like JDS or Overeem he's been absolutely embarrassed and made to look like he didn't even belong in the cage.

Arlovski is much more like the latter than the former. While nothing's etched in stone here, I don't think it's far-fetched to think Mir's going to take another pummeling.

Like the pummeling he put on Rumble and Scaub who's chin you just have to touch once

Mir has looked better than during his 3 fight losing streak but against lower competition. Anytime he faces a legit striker he loses because his chin has sucked his entire career. AA will put him to sleep.

His chin doesn't suck he just takes way too many shots, Let Brock Lesnar trap anyone's arm and pound there head into the fence repeatedly and they will go out, let Carwin uppercut anyone over and over same thing. Does he have a big country chin? No but its not bad just takes too many

His chin doesn't suck he just takes way too many shots, Let Brock Lesnar trap anyone's arm and pound there head into the fence repeatedly and they will go out, let Carwin uppercut anyone over and over same thing. Does he have a big country chin? No but its not bad just takes too many
He was rocked from a straight right from Brandon Vera back in the day. He's also been rocked by Duffee, Carwin, JDS, Overeem, Barnett, and some other guys. He has 7 out of 9 losses by TKO/KO, so he's a bit chinny.

Like the pummeling he put on Rumble and Scaub who's chin you just have to touch once

AA's had his ups and downs and the Schaub fight in particular was a down but it was his first fight back in the UFC. He's made quick work of Bigfoot and Browne since then so he's back mentally which was his biggest problem since the Fedor loss.

Those odds actually feel dead-on to me. AA got a major upset over Brown and that will have an impact on his future fights but not proportional to the upset. You start getting close to 2 to 1 odds over Mir and that gets a little crazy. Mir has been looking good and AA still potentially has a questionable chin. And Mir fights very smart. I would not be surprised if Mir pulled it off.

Arlovski's chin is still suspect due to it being heavyweights. Also, if it goes to the ground... he's in trouble.

Those odds are pretty much a wash. Just like the fight will likely be since I won't be surprised if either one of them wins. No good monies to be made on this fight.

Mir couldn't give two shits about odds.. his were worse against Bigfoot and Duffee

I think it's a pretty even fight if Mir can come in better shape. The reality is I could see either guy putting out the other. Both have looked like broken goods in the not so distant past and at this point I'm not sure who has the most left in the tank.

I gave up trying to predict Mir fights years ago

Probably what the odds makers have done as well

I wouldn't bet Arlovski at much more than this, though I picked against him in the Browne fight, and fortunately didn't bet that one like I was going to.

dats what happens wen u have a chin like Arlovski.

Why is everyone so high on AA? He got pounded by rumble, looked like shit in his UFC debut, found big foots chin and came very close to getting starched by brown.

Back