Am I bruising to easily

W

Whitefish

I posted before about the top of my left bruising up when I miss with my shin and hit with the top of the foot, but I'm not sure if I'm bruising too easliy. If I miss once or twice and hit it I bruise almost all the time. I don't have this problem with my right foot.

Now its starting to happen with my right knee cap. No problem with my left knee-cap but yesterday I threw a couple knees to the heavy bag and it bruised up just like my left foot.

Just so you know this is just happening during heavy bag drills.

Is this normal, or is it something thats just unique to my body? Should I ease up and just not kick so hard? Do I just suck really really bad? Do I fail at Muay Thai or just life?

Are you connecting properly? You might get bruises if you are dragging your skin over the target which can happen when you don't connect clean.

Do you eat alot of fish?

This tends to thin your blood and you bruise much easier.

This is what happens to me.

I think I'm conneting correctly with kicks. I really don't think theres much skinning.

But I did eat a lot of fish lately (Salmon mostly) so maybe I need to layoff for a while.

You would have to eat a LOT of fish to make a difference. Now, if youre supplementing (as you should be) with fish oil capsules, then you might want to ease off a little bit. Especially if youre getting 2-3 gms of EPA/DHA per day.

More than likely, you'll stop bruising as easily after a while.

Its normal, other places youre likely to get bruised is in between the knee and the top of the shin guard, alot of people also get bruised on the outside of their shin because they dont block with the actual shin bone.

Anything that is close to the bone will bruise easily as the pressure of the strike bruises from the inside and the outside. As you practice more you will build up conditioning to it but it will always happen.

Anything that is close to the bone will bruise easily as the pressure of the strike bruises from the inside and the outside. As you practice more you will build up conditioning to it but it will always happen.

I think I'm conneting correctly with kicks. I really don't think theres much skinning.

But I did eat a lot of fish lately (Salmon mostly) so maybe I need to layoff for a while.

To quote Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction: "We don't want to think. We want to know!" Have your instructor watch you and ask them to comment. If you don't have an instructor, get one! All you will teach yourself is bad habits.

Don't worry about eating fish. The Japanese diet consist mostly of fish and they do a lot of kicking and other martial arts and are not, typically, covered in bruises.

When I was training BJJ and taking fish oil supplements I was brusing very easily. Headlocks, the guard, I was getting bruises that looked like I got jumped by Anderson Silva and Mike Tyson. I stopped taking them and poof! I stopped brusing altogether.

just eat your fishoil and the non contact training days

alot of people also get bruised on the outside of their shin because they dont block with the actual shin bone.

Siatic never bruises are my worste training injury, at first i didnt turn my shin out like you mentioned, getting better but still forget every now and then.

like others said, if your taking lots of fish oil that could be why, if not i found i use to bruise like crazy when i started to train, now its pretty hard for me to bruise unless i get a knee or elbow on my shin when im kicking.

I guess this might be a reason for me getting my bruising as well.

What would you guys suggest for some anti-inflammatory supp's then? That's my #1 reason for taking fish oil (as well as the cardiovascular benefits)

Ditto on fish oil, just lower the dosage if you are. Other than that, bruise is just part of stand up!

sounds like a plan.

the weird thing is, 99% of my bruising doesn't hurt at all. so people tend to aim for that, thinking i'm weaker there lol. fine by me, sets me up nicely.

Low body fat = bruising like a peach.

Is that you?

Back