• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I being too negative or did Dustin look like s***?

Shit, he done got the finish. If that was looking like shit, was is looking good?

He looked like a parody of himself, with all those memes guillotines.
He got bullied and forced on the back foot. His gas tank management and fight iq was subpar.

Like he won good for him but he's way better than that.

Super negative interpretation.

Poirier allowed BSD to blow his wad, then finished him in R2.

One fighter was a master, one fighter was a student.

Bit sloppy, needs to drop the guillotine, stick with hands, it was your usual JBG fight and it was great.

Gas was questionable, fight IQ was poor. But his hands were very sharp and on point even in the worst moments. Seemed like, even tired, hurt, and eyes closed, he always punched where BSD's head was.

Pulled a good result out of a less than perfect performance, but nothing unfixable or bad enough to take him out of the elite

Shit, he done got the finish. If that was looking like shit, was is looking good?
Beside the Khabib and Hooker fight.

He looked good in all of his fights even his losses to Charles and Gaycheese.

His peak is him vs Holloway 2 imo.

They both looked tired. Can't recall the last time I've seen two LW's get tired second round. That fight would have been so sloppy had it went past the second.

They both looked tired. Can't recall the last time I've seen two LW's get tired second round. That fight would have been so sloppy had it went past the second.
Gaethje vs Michael Johnson enters chat. Granted Gaethje is more of a heavy breather and fights really well once his style of fights “settles in”. They both a cleary “settled in” by the second.

Gaethje vs Michael Johnson enters chat. Granted Gaethje is more of a heavy breather and fights really well once his style of fights “settles in”. They both a cleary “settled in” by the second.
Got to watch that again. I can't recall thinking that way. I'll rewatch and see.

He got bullied and forced on the back foot. His gas tank management and fight iq was subpar.

Nah he was just banging

At 35, he was fighting a giant weight bully who goes one hundred for 11 minutes and Poirier still KTFOd the guy.

Last edited:

when have you been positive???
he won via KO didn't he...... starched a guy who hasn't been finished professionally...

yeah he made bad fight decisions. he outclassed him in striking probably wouldve finished earlier if he didn't keep jumping for guillotine then getting mounted/giving back.

Anik was right, Dustin has never had any wins by guillotine and i can remember him always jumping into guillotine and losing position for many fight :)

He hurt BSD Everytime he hit him. Yeah, he spammed the guillotine too many times but got out of trouble Everytime he did.

Looked like a typical Poirier performance to me. Overcame some adversity then pulled out a gritty finish. Was actually vintage Dustin. A few hiccups but highly entertaining
Yuup. He probably would have finished it in the first if he didn't go for that stupid fucking choke so many times. I was yelling at the TV to separate.

It's hard to look great against a messy style like BSD. He weathered the storm then flatlined his ass. Poirier still has it (which most already knew).

Last edited:
Chito looked like shit. Not Dustin. I didn't think he looked that tired either.

You are being too negative. He had a real monster after him, pressuring him and BSD is a very dangerous fighter. Dustin looked great at the end of the day.

BSD is an animal. If he would've fought at 90% pressure of what he did, he wouldn't have been knocked out like that and Dustin would've been on his back foot the entire time.

Back