Alright, so Jones moves up after Rumble/Gus fight, right?

Timeghoul

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There is nothing left at LHW. Yes, I know, the division might be different nine months from now blah blah blah, but no, that's wrong, because LHW is a joke and is full of nothing but old, way past their prime guys. There are no up-and-comers at LHW unless you somehow think Phil Davis is going to keep Jones down for five rounds.

So what is he going to do after the Rumble/Gus fight? There's really no way to avoid going to HW at that point.

He should do really but I doubt he will. They'll have him do a few more rematches.

Just have him fight Cain and be done with it. Cain will eat him alive, but it should be a good fight

I think he should even if he doesn't want to.

He clearly has the skills, frame, and talent to be the HW champ, and looking at how gigantic his brothers are, I can't imagine he will have that much trouble putting on more muscle on his frame as he continues to get older.

Just said on FS1 his weight cuts are getting easier, had to eat to keep his weight up this camp and won't move up unless it was the perfect opponent (smaller HW) Even said if he dug deep he could make 185 (with no intentions of doing so, though.)

I think he'll fight Davis afterwards. I don't think it will be close, but he's obviously happy staying at 205, and it's another name he can add to the list. After that... that's when it gets interesting.

if cain is there hes not talking the belt, but if hes not unfortunately i can actually see him winning the belt and then all the kids will see him as the GOAT

I think everyone would like to see DC fight winner of Bader/Phil Davis and then get the rematch before JJ rides off to the HW sunset

This fight actually lowered my expectations for JJ v Cain unless he takes off a decent amount of time to gain some weight... Still think JJ could be top 3-5 at hw right now

Unless he is going to be the highest paid fighter in UFC history I don't see him ever moving up. Why would he give up his advantage to fight bigger guys when he can crush people at LHW? He will never move up for the fans, its all about money. Jones isn't fighting for free!

Nope. Wait till 10 title defenses or after 30, whichever happens last

Weighing in with pants on is a pretty good sign that you don't need to move up.

I see jones fighting both Gus and Rumble regardless of the outcome
Other than that there is no one left

Bones should never move up to HW.

For similar reasons that Roy Jones Jr. shouldn't have moved up to HW.

I wish he'd retire as soon as he is done cleaning out 205 just to piss people off.

Roy Jones Jr. went to HW for one fight and beat John Ruiz for the WBA title then never fought at HW again. I don't see what that could possibly have to do with Jones?

I think everyone would like to see DC fight winner of Bader/Phil Davis and then get the rematch before JJ rides off to the HW sunset

This fight actually lowered my expectations for JJ v Cain unless he takes off a decent amount of time to gain some weight... Still think JJ could be top 3-5 at hw right now

JJ vs Cain? This is supposed to happen when?

Jones even said tonight he has no intentions of going to HW. Whether or not we agree with it, jones believe his body is naturally suited for 205.

As it stands now though in my honest opinion if Cain fought a HW version of the jones that fought tonight I would say Cain would take it. Jones seemed to have a much more subdued style against Cormier who he obviously respected to a degree. Cain would bring a much higher level of intensity as all of his matches will show. Hey here is hoping to that super fight you speak of!

Back