• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Stipe had to do was lean...

Pequeño Corey

Gotta' stay hydrated out there!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He basically shot takedowns and leaned on Ngannou until he wilted.

Masterful performance in its simplicity.

And god damn Stipe ate a nice one on the chin and shook it off! I’d say a lot of questions were answered. Stipe’s chin is fucking legit.

struve-vs-miocic-o.gif

I had wings and the bomb bbq sliders tonight

I remember when fighters looked for the finish ... ahhh I miss bushido

This proves he's a bum... Got kod 5 years ago by a 7 foot tall kickboxer.

Improvement. Spell it. Or maybe you don’t know what it is because you’ve never experienced in your life

He basically shot takedowns and leaned on Ngannou until he wilted.

Masterful performance in its simplicity.

And god damn Stipe ate a nice one on the chin and shook it off! I’d say a lot of questions were answered. Stipe’s chin is fucking legit.
Yeah. He really did do a lot of leaning. Just putting his dead weight on Francis to tire the big man out. It was definitely effective. I would have liked to see Stipe open up with more striking there or attempt a submission but he clearly did not want to give Francis any chance to escape and stand back up. He basically did what he had to do.

Ngannou did kind of throw the fight away coming out swinging for the fences.

Not saying he would have won, but I think he would have had a better chance if he had sat back a little and waited for openings.

Ngannou was breathing out of his mouth after about two minutes into the fight.

The same thing happened in the LHW title fight with the challenger as well. Cormier had a smile on his face when he realized there was nothing he could do to him.

Conditioning is key.

Yeah. He really did do a lot of leaning. Just putting his dead weight on Francis to tire the big man out. It was definitely effective. I would have liked to see Stipe open up with more striking there or attempt a submission but he clearly did not want to give Francis any chance to escape and stand back up. He basically did what he had to do.

Somehow, still more exciting than Tyron vs. Wonderboy. Another example of a fighter doing what they have to do. Fuck it, I wouldn’t take my chances again Ngannou either.

Ngannou was breathing out of his mouth after about two minutes into the fight.

The same thing happened in the LHW title fight with the challenger as well. Cormier had a smile on his face when he realized there was nothing he could do to him.

Conditioning is key.

"There's levels to this."

Yup.

You croatians go for blood when your think someone's badmouthing stipe.
Because no matter how many times Stipe defends that belt, it seems he will never have the due respect and recognition.
The way Ngannou was hyped was very disrespectful for the champ. Marketing wise it was the best thing they have done, to promote this fight as the biggest fight in HW history (which is not, Cro Cop vs Fedor still is the one, in term of hype and of actual fight), but you get my point.

I hope that now Stipe will be considered as one of the greatest if not the greatest.

People are still bringing Werdum and Cain even after tonight's fight. Werdum defended zero, Cain defended twice, and put the division on hold for years.

Stipe shows up, knocks people out, derails hype trains ... what could he do more than that ? He has cleaned the division.

Tonight showed how shitty the HW division is. Who cares if you can knock someone out in 30 seconds if you can't last 40.

This fight was truly a disgrace. Stipe literally sat on Francis for 2 rounds doing nothing. There was a thread on Sherdog a while back about heavyweights being mentally weak willed because no one in life really challenge them. Tonight proved it. Fuck the HW division I'm out.

The highlight of the evening was Nganous stupid stares at the beginning of each round. He didn't know what the fuck to do. He was a little kid lost.

Back