All Elite Wrestling is official (info inside)

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meltzer had the announcement at midnight (PST):

• All Elite Wrestling has started signing wrestlers.
  • They have multiple TV offers already & negotiating which one they will take.
  • They will announce ALL-IN 2 soon called DOUBLE OR NOTHING
  • Tony Khan is the guy behind it.
  • Jericho is not signed, but Dave said he made that post about Khan for a reason.
  • The company wants to work with NJPW, but it is up in the air due to the ROH relationship with NJPW

Given the last few weeks of BTE and whatnot, it's kinda felt like Kenny Omega may not be a part of the AEW thing (at least in the beginning) and that last line about ROH/NJPW goes along with that. I don't know why ROH wouldn't maybe want to work with AEW, but I guess that all depends on how competitive all this is going to get domestically.

So I guess it's Young Bucks, Cody, Brandi, Hangman, and SCU so far.

Looking forward to seeing what they can do.. Kinda hoping they follow the NJPW model with how they do shows/events and not spam shit like WWE.

Given the last few weeks of BTE and whatnot, it's kinda felt like Kenny Omega may not be a part of the AEW thing (at least in the beginning) and that last line about ROH/NJPW goes along with that. I don't know why ROH wouldn't maybe want to work with AEW, but I guess that all depends on how competitive all this is going to get domestically.

So I guess it's Young Bucks, Cody, Brandi, Hangman, and SCU so far.

Looking forward to seeing what they can do.. Kinda hoping they follow the NJPW model with how they do shows/events and not spam shit like WWE.

Funny, but TYB are not signed yet lol
But obviously they will

I think Omega depends solely on NJPW agreeing to work with AEW.
He lives in Japan & has assimilated there.

ROH & AEW will be bidding against each other for talent
They parted on friendly terms, but it will be tough not to be competitive

WWE has Smackdown in the same city
Gotta love The elite balls

WWE has Smackdown in the same city
Gotta love The elite balls

My god. These guys just seem to get it. Remember when TNA tried this same shit and it just came off as desperate?

My god. These guys just seem to get it. Remember when TNA tried this same shit and it just came off as desperate?

Yep
They are doing it in Jacksonville Jaquers parking lot.
The Jaquers owners son is behind AEW
So the timing is hysterical.

WWE can't say shit.

"This is the greatest thing for talent in years, since the WCW/WWE War" - Dave Meltzer

I hope that's not a real quote from Meltzer

AEW will be cool but won't be anything more than TNA circa 2005

I hope that's not a real quote from Meltzer

AEW will be cool but won't be anything more than TNA circa 2005
It is a real quote and perhaps you should educate yourself as to why he said it before disagreeing with it

Crazy... But I think the wwe needs them right now.

I wonder if a youtube based org could work. One 2-hour taping per month, cut that into four 30-45 minute episodes and release them weekly.

Shoot promos and interviews at a later date and then cut the episodes together with edited matches.

Keep the roster tight with less than 20 guys, and rely on sponsored ads and merch for profit. Once you have enough subs and weekly views, let the yt ad revenue come in.

Keep overhead low and focus on old school, psychology based wrestling.

I'd watch.

Might be good for WWE, have some US competition.

Hopefully they work with NJPW.

I wonder if a youtube based org could work. One 2-hour taping per month, cut that into four 30-45 minute episodes and release them weekly.

Shoot promos and interviews at a later date and then cut the episodes together with edited matches.

Keep the roster tight with less than 20 guys, and rely on sponsored ads and merch for profit. Once you have enough subs and weekly views, let the yt ad revenue come in.

Keep overhead low and focus on old school, psychology based wrestling.

I'd watch.
MLW Fusion, current NWA, and Defiant Wrestling are all kind of doing that

Guess there was some truth to the Chris Jericho and Jim Ross rumors a few months ago. If Ross does sign and takes over talent relations he could be a big get.

Holy hell I'd rather not have Jim Ross on commentary. Pls no

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back