• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media All 3 judges gave Jiri round 1

Who did you score round 1 for?

• Total voters
A KO win renders this irrelevant.

I normally agree with most of your takes, but not on this one. I think it's an interesting talking point for those interested in scoring and criteria and such. Nobody is disputing that Alex won.

The thing is there aren't really many good grapplers at LHW anyway. Ankalaev is one of the only ones and technically he's more of a striker too. Only good grappler with good wrestling that's known for their grappling I can think of at LHW is like Ion Cutelaba.

But in MW there are a few and he didnt face them. In HW also there are a few (<JonesLaugh>)

F-tc4jLWAAA8knh

I had money in Jiri but I think Alex took it.... Leg kicks were most significant part of round. Alex outstruck him badly. Jiri got TD but only landed 3-4 GNP shots. Didnt advance to any dominant position. No sub attempt and then Alex got back up.
MMA scoring really is bad, even from those whose profession is to do it. This is ALL that needs to be said:

ONE MAN WAS CLEARLY HURT IN THE ROUND AND THE OTHER WASN'T. DON'T CARE IF IT'S HIS CALF MUSCLE.

I keep getting disappointed that you can get on top of someone and not do much and this wins the round for you. I know Jiri landed some nice punches, but the damage to his leg was very evident. I don't get how this is a hard concept to grasp.

Damage vs Control basically. Gotta go with damage.

This is the most based logic for real MMA fans.

Jiri needed to pull off some better offensive strikes from top to secure the round. He was getting his legs wrecked and chipped away, hard to wash that out with control time where little damage and no near submissions.

You guys act like Jiri wasn’t tagging Potan
Check the striking stats, he landed more and they had the same amount of significant strikes
Plus he had the TD

BabyK leg kicks lol, strikes below the waist shouldn’t even count
<BronTroll1>

Jiri gave Alex round 3.

I gave it to Jiri.

<Fedor23>

I gave the 2nd round to Alex

That does mean it is a draw winning 1 round each?

Asking for a friend

Back