• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Aljo drops down list of fighters that he has on his radar

What a waste of a fight that was, and I knew it would be the whole time. Stupid match making. It always should have been Aljo against ortega and Kattar vs. Yair or barboza. UFC sucks at matchmaking featherweights. Let's hope they Give kattar a fight against Murphy or Lopes next.
I agree FW has some of the worst matchmaking in the entire UFC. Only WW has recently been more baffling

Evloev is the fight to make and he himself said he wants to fight Aljo.

who else deserves it more?
Who should be closer to a title shot than Ortega? Volk, Max, Evloev. The fact that Ilia is the champ is the ONLY saving grace for Ortega's inactive, no wins having, recycled ass, or else I'd say even Sterling is ahead of him.

If Brian is booked against Ilia at some point this year, especially without another win, it'll be because Volk is in the hospital, or cuz matchmaking is a fucking joke

Who should be closer to a title shot than Ortega? Volk, Max, Evloev. The fact that Ilia is the champ is the ONLY saving grace for Ortega's inactive, no wins having, recycled ass, or else I'd say even Sterling is ahead of him.

If Brian is booked against Ilia at some point this year, especially without another win, it'll be because Volk is in the hospital, or cuz matchmaking is a fucking joke
my boy the goat volk sadly got finished by topuria last time and can’t make the dance.

Max is gunning for a lightweight fight next possibly title fight??

Ortega is fresh of a win nearly unharmed against the #2 contender at the time being Yair.

So yeah, Ortega deserves the next shot.

I think he's super overrated and evloev has nothing for him at all I see zero space in that fight where he's advantaged other than maybe size. Aljo does whatever he wants to him.

that's crazy esp because theres zero hype for Evloev

Evloev is Like sterling if sterling didn't have BJJ -- He's a wrestler who can't bust a grape with his hands and he barely squeaks by in a lot of his biggest wins. At least Sterling has submissions.

Not sure why people see Evloev as the worst match up for sterling. The only people to have definitively beaten Aljo were strikers in O'malley and Moraes, not wrestlers. Even Yan, who gave him fits, is a striker. The only wrestlers or grapplers to have beaten Aljo did so many years ago in controversial decisions.

That's some insane intake, oh boy.

he may be done .... i can see him going to bellator after his next fight.

What a waste of a fight that was, and I knew it would be the whole time. Stupid match making. It always should have been Aljo against ortega and Kattar vs. Yair or barboza. UFC sucks at matchmaking featherweights. Let's hope they Give kattar a fight against Murphy or Lopes next.
Kattar vs Lopes would be sick.

Max is gunning for a lightweight fight next possibly title fight??
No he's not, so that's immediately your first challenger once we cut out that obvious bullshit

my boy the goat volk sadly got finished by topuria last time and can’t make the dance.
I think he's sitting for a while just for recovery's sake, but it's almost guaranteed he'll get a rematch, especially when getting finished has never really prevented that in the past, so that's your number 2.

Ortega is fresh of a win nearly unharmed against the #2 contender at the time being Yair.
"Fresh" is a fun way to say he finally won a fight in the past 5 years, but frankly it was against the second biggest squatter in the division. Unless you just mean that he's fresh faced, but then again, so is Evloev and Sterling.

And look, that's good that he got that ONE win, but the more you lose shots, the further back you should fall. And the more you lose, period, the more momentum you should have to regain. You put Yair up against the full string of Evloev's streak and it pales in comparison.

So yeah, Ortega deserves the next shot.
Reach and a miss

I mean...Yair has such shit takedown defense and defensive grappling it's kinda pathetic he was ever a contender but the 145lb division is devoid of grapplers and pretty shallow. Yair has a marketable style and nationality that he got to coast on but is the easiest matchup for Aljo by a country mile.

Allen is probably the second easiest, a couple fatal flaws in Allen's game is that 1. He struggles to have the cardio to stand up to high pressure and 2. When guys wrestle him he has solid takedown defense but isn't the best at creating separation or landing meaningful strikes to punish. So I'd say Allen is a much easier stylistic fight for Aljo, much easier to exploit...tougher than Yair, easier than Movsar.

Ortega...well, being 2-3 in his last 5 and being passed around like a cheap whore for champs to beat the shit out of just doesn't make him the most exciting challenge. Plus, Ortegas takedown defense isn't great it's just not often tested anymore because of his notoriously dangerous submissions. That said, I feel like Aljo can pretty comfortably win a decision here just because if he needs the takedown it's always there, he's a great enough grappler to not get subbed. He gets to dictate this fight and has a lot of options because of that, nowhere is Ortega clearly better either.

I'd say quite clearly Evloev is the toughest fight. He's got the best striking defense out of all these guys, the best defensive wrestling, debatably the best cardio. He's the youngest, he's undefeated and nowhere that the fight goes does Aljo have a clear advantage. This would be two rams butting horns as far as I see it. I think Aljo knows this, but it's prize fighting and the bigger name and lower risk opponent is always the best choice. It's obvious Aljo knows this because he's pushing back from the UFCs interest in making this fight.

I'd disagree, but I've already mentioned why I don't think he's the toughest challenge. That's not to say I think he's easier than other guys, but I think Evloev, ortega, and allen all have similar chances against Sterling. Also, since you and many others said Sterling was ducking in the other thread.....Tell your boy Movsar that Aljo is looking for him.

That's some insane intake, oh boy.

Well, Aljo is looking for Evloev. There's a strong chance you and Husky get to see how sterling out points Evloev in another classic Aljo fight where the fans leave bitching.

Last edited:
I'd disagree, but I've already mentioned why I don't think he's the toughest challenge. That's not to say I think he's easier than other guys, but I think Evloev, ortega, and allen all have similar chances against Sterling. Also, since you and many said Sterling was ducking in the other thread.....Tell your boy Movsar that Aljo is looking for him.

Well, Aljo is looking for Evloev. There's a strong chance you and Husky get to see how sterling out points Evloev in another classic Aljo fight where the fans leave bitching.

As one of the bigger Aljo defenders on this forum, he was pretty clearly trying to avoid him.

As one of the bigger Aljo defenders on this forum, he was pretty clearly trying to avoid him.

By calling him and ortega out and saying he prefers the bigger name? and then once against calling evloev out? The guy was playing the field, but sterling clearly isn't avoiding evloev -- hell, he is pushing for that fight more than Evloev is.

We have a different definition of what it means to "avoid" a fight lol.

By calling him and ortega out and saying he prefers the bigger name? and then once against calling evloev out? Huh??
He didn't say "Either's good, but I prefer the name value off of Ortega." He specifically said Evloev made no sense after calling him out. Not sure why a former champ thinks he needs a name value win anyway. Beating Ortega isn't gonna do shit for his Insta numbers, but a contender that can make a better claim for the belt is a potential problem, which is Evloev. It was pretty clearly a horseshit claim.

He didn't say "Either's good, but I prefer the name value off of Ortega." He specifically said Evloev made no sense. Not sure why a former champ thinks he needs a name value win anyway. Beating Ortega isn't gonna do shit for his Insta numbers, but a contender that can make a better claim for the belt is a potential problem, which is Evloev. It was pretty clearly a horseshit claim.

As I said in the other thread, He talked about it on his podcast well before that interview with Mike perry, and he was the first to bring up this matchup in the first place saying it will be ortega or Evloev next, but he prefers the bigger names. Then people got their panties in a bunch because Aljo played the game in one interview with mike perry and said Fighting evloev made no sense, which got people all riled up. He never said he wouldn't fight him. And here Aljo is for the second time pushing for the idea of a potential Evloev fight.

He's pushing for it harder than Evloev. He's playing the game and people fell right into it. The ability aljo has to get reactions from people is amazing, especially because if people listen to him talk beyond the headlines, he's EXTREMELY transparent. I even said it in the other thread that this fight would likely be official within a month. We'll see how it goes and if evloev accepts.

Last edited:
No he's not, so that's immediately your first challenger once we cut out that obvious bullshit

I think he's sitting for a while just for recovery's sake, but it's almost guaranteed he'll get a rematch, especially when getting finished has never really prevented that in the past, so that's your number 2.

"Fresh" is a fun way to say he finally won a fight in the past 5 years, but frankly it was against the second biggest squatter in the division. Unless you just mean that he's fresh faced, but then again, so is Evloev and Sterling.

And look, that's good that he got that ONE win, but the more you lose shots, the further back you should fall. And the more you lose, period, the more momentum you should have to regain. You put Yair up against the full string of Evloev's streak and it pales in comparison.

Reach and a miss
Give me the same crack you are smoking bro.

Back