• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alistair Overeem issues statement on UFC release

ImpartialEmbellishedCivet-size_restricted.gif
'

7eGW.gif
DAMN.....I CAN'T believe we're 12 years removed from this. TIME goes by way too motha fucking fast.
It doesn't even feel like Overeem was in the UFC for that long, youre telling me a decade already went by? Feels like only couple of years ago he just won the SF and DREAM belts.

Holy shit I'm getting old.

the most disappointing fight of his career was the vovchanchyn fight. I think Igor went down to 205. And overeem caught that guillotine he kept snatching around that time.

I was hoping for more brutality. Huge fans of both guys.

Funny how that used to be his signature. I remember talk about how his large biceps was the reason why his guillotine was so good. Something like that.

But I agree, let them smash bro.

Overeem and JDS needed to go at this point.

They weren't disrespected, they were in the UFC way past their primes and still on FAT contracts.. no wonder Dana wanted to let them loose to get in new fighters that would fight for cheap.

I was getting scammer vibes from both of them, Overeem trying to sell the idea that he still had title aspirations and should continue getting fights booked, and JDS making bizarre excuses after every loss to give the impression that that he was still competitive and should be given more fights. Their days of milking the UFC for paychecks are over... not that I really give a fuck how the UFC spend their money.

BareBitterIndochinesetiger-size_restricted.gif

They casted him in the running man sequel

Juiced reem vs juiced Mirko 2022.

don’t act like you wouldn’t buy it
Mirko had a stroke and retired
He cant take hits to the head anymore.
We dont wanna see Reem go the same route.

They weren't disrespected, they were in the UFC way past their primes and still on FAT contracts.. no wonder Dana wanted to let them loose to get in new fighters that would fight for cheap.

I was getting scammer vibes from both of them, Overeem trying to sell the idea that he still had title aspirations and should continue getting fights booked, and JDS making bizarre excuses after every loss to give the impression that that he was still competitive and should be given more fights. Their days of milking the UFC for paychecks are over... not that I really give a fuck how the UFC spend their money.
I dont think Overeem was trying to scam anyone. I legit think he was really trying to get a title fight made.
What reason would he have for not wanting to do that? OVereem said in many interviews after the Rozenstruik ko that he had 4 fights left,and that its his intent to retire after those.

Sad day for sure. He’s the last of the Pride stars.

I'm disappointed. I wanted him to call Dana a fat fucking pink clown who fucks every single ring girl and Bruce Buffer too.

Overeem, JDS, Sanchez, BJ, Arlovski. These are all fighters I think should genuinely retire. All the talk when a fighter looses about how he should retire is almost always bullshit. Those names are the only ones I think it’s beyond a shadow of a doubt should retire.

Pretty dumb post. Overeem was 4-1 going into this fight with some wins over legit competition. All 4 of those wins were tko finishes. In fact the loss he did have he was soundly winning in a 5 rounder when he got caught right before the buzzer. He wasn’t scamming anyone, he had earned his ranking.

Furthermore he has name recognition, a rare commodity in the UFC these days

Back