Alistair Overeem is Making bank in UFC

JAL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Alistair Overeem made $800,000 at UFC Bejing while Francis made $200,000 even tho Francis was the main event
Alistair also made $800,000 at Ufc 213 while Romero and Whittaker made $350k each
at UFC 209 he made $750k ..Woodley made $500k and he was the champ and main event
UFC 203 he made $800k and Stipe only made $600k

dudes not even a draw lol why is he making so much money?
I'm happy for him he deserves it..
he probably got a pretty good manager

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Prior to Feb 2019, when you started watching MMA, Alastair Overeem was a pretty popular MMA fighter.

He is a draw, at least for me and my mates

Haven't missed a Reem fight in years, you are guaranteed violence

Prior to Feb 2019, when you started watching MMA, Alastair Overeem was a pretty popular MMA fighter.
his ppv sales says otherwise

Alistair Overeem made $800,000 at UFC Bejing while Francis made $200,000 even tho Francis was the main event
Alistair also made $800,000 at Ufc 213 while Romero and Whittaker made $350k each
at UFC 209 he made $750k ..Woodley made $500k and he was the champ and main event
UFC 203 he made $800k and Stipe only made $600k

dudes not even draw lol why is he making so much money?
I'm happy for him he deserves it..
he probably got a pretty good manager

what do you guys think?

that why im shocked the ufc matched bellator deal to him.

his manager did him a great job.

I could be wrong here but it seems as if he has a contract that guarantees 800,000 per fight

I’m sure they had to give him an insane number to get him to consider signing with the UFC. Or maybe that’s how much Strikeforce was paying him and the contracts were withheld. He deserves it. They all do. I haven’t found out what Artem and Jason’s Knight got paid but anything less than 500,000 is just disgusting. Both guys deserve a million for that kinda shit.

He was a big star when he entered the UFC. I have fond memories of his kickboxing matches with Badr Hari back in the day. Seeing the sorry state of UFC's HW division when you compare them to the absolute specimens that used to inhabit the kickboxing world is sad.

How many fights does he have left on his contract? Great pay that though, he has a Net worth of around $6 million, not bad at all.

Big fan. Happy he’s doing well he deserves it

He is 100% a draw lol.

He is a MMA legend, as well as Olyneik.

He deserves every penny.

He's a draw, especially in Europe.

Hunt was earning a similar amount I think due to an incentive arrangement in his contract. I only vaguely recall this so don't quote me on the details but he & Reem were in the same boat, maybe just due to longevity in the UFC since they've been fighting top comp for a while.

Probably because he has name recognition. It’s usually the same with the other old time fighters too. Doubt anyone buys a ppv for overeem tho.

I don't know the PPV Numbers, but Overeem has had a longtime fanbase based on the fact that they know there will be action if he's fighting. Dude is incredibly skilled and has sick weapons, but is also very flawed in some aspects. It's the archetype of a glass cannon. He'll either destroy his opponent or be destroyed.

Liking him or not, people know that there is a very high chance of having fireworks in his fights.

Crazy that a professional athlete in the premiere organization for his sport making $800k is considered crazy to some people.

Shows how behind the UFC is. 800k is a rookie contract in most major sports lol

I would attribute it to basic ufc ladder pay increases in fight quantity.

Guys with long contracts and tenure generally get paid quite a bit after a while and more so at the higher weights.

The Reem has been fighting for twice as long as the fighters you mentioned and he's also a heavyweight. He had a big name and a great contract going into the UFC and they haven't restructured his deal. Most fighters in the UFC aren't willing to fight for other promotions first and build their name up.

If he didn't get busted and had stay in Ubereem form and keep winning, he will be making at least a million per fight. He also never being pulled from a fight due to injuries.

The version of him that manhandled Bret Rogers and Brock is unstoppable.

Back