Alison Brie's Wrestling Comedy Series GLOW

No. They pretty much confirmed it in season 1 but it was subtle so I think a lot of people missed it.
I definitely missed it in season one, but season two made it apparent to me, with the way he was acting in his butler’s social spots.

Went back and finished season 3 and Im glad I did
It got worse before it got better but once they went on the camping trip things got real good and interesting
The way season 3 ended gives me hope that season 4 may get back to what I loved about season 1 which was he journey involved in building a wrestling promotion and television show

I wonder if the scene with the Russian chick mocking the Challenger disaster was taken from Jim Cornettes story about the time Dusty Rhodes made Jim reshoot an interview because Jim mentioned the Challenger

Im pretty surprised that so many people are excited about Allison Bries nudity instead of that smoking hot thicky thick Liberty Belle
Damn that woman is bad

That redhead BBW stripper nudity was prettay, prettay nice too
She could get it

Also its kinda funny that in a show about women made by women for women the most interesting character and storyline was still Marc Maron

Women at their peak firing on all cylinders cant outshine a shitty third rate comedian podcaster<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Last edited:
This show isn't really about GLOW. It's barely about that at all.

The true story of GLOW is pretty depressing.
yeah I saw a documentary on it. The big Samoan woman's real life story was quite sad when GLOW ended. The GLOW wrestlers really loved and looked up to her. In the show I know shes based on Wade but I also think she is also based on Sheila the Shewolf

No. They pretty much confirmed it in season 1 but it was subtle so I think a lot of people missed it.

I figured they were heading in that direction during the bus ride to Vegas and all the review writers pegging him that way afterwards (no pun intended) but didn't really see it before.

Spoiler tab it for us?

Im pretty surprised that so many people are excited about Allison Bries nudity instead of that smoking hot thicky thick Liberty Belle
Damn that woman is bad
She is but, despite being made to look older and more tired than we remember Annie Edison on Community, Brie's boobs are pretty formidable. Especially for a skinny girl.

I wonder if the scene with the Russian chick mocking the Challenger disaster was taken from Jim Cornettes story about the time Dusty Rhodes made Jim reshoot an interview because Jim mentioned the Challenger

Cornette probably thinks so.

They should introduce a p0rn angle next season.

Checked out the first four episodes of Season 3. Solid as usual. Shit though, they all got their tits out for this season(not that I'm complaining). Go big or go home, I guess.

Really good show though. I'm surprised they've kept the quality up for this long, for such a small niche project. Whoever is doing the writing and casting were bang on. This is one of the more "chick-ish" shows I could watch over and over. Not much to complain about at all.

Just got done watching season 3.

The show keeps being weirdly uneven.

There are flashes of really good stuff, but much of it is just average. There is a distinct gap in quality between the various characters plotlines.

Everything involving Sam Sylvia is great, and feels like it belongs in a different show entirely. In fact if they took his plotline and made a series/movie about just it, I think it would make for something truly awesome. The guy's like something taken straight out of a Warren Zevon song.

Debbie Eagan has some interesting stuff going on too, as does Bash. Welfare Queen has some potential as well, and hasn't been used enough in the show so far. Wolf girl is funny simply by being wildcard bitches. Brie is okay, I guess, though if she's going to be the centre of the series I wish they'd give her a bit more to do.

The rest... eh, mostly superfluous. Literally, in some cases. With Bash being gay, I don't really see the point of the lesbian couple. Nor the point of having a representative of every minority under the sun riffing on the struggles of being a minority.
Season 3 was better than 2, but it did stray heavily into sjw bullshit territory. It's funny how the flawed characters are the best characters, by far. Also, I don't feel the show is really about anything anymore, like it was in season 1. A bit too much individual stories, not enough overarching plot.

Last edited:
Back