• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alien Trilogy vs. Terminator Trilogy

Which is better?

• Alien Trilogy

• Terminator Trilogy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alien all day. Even if you didn't like the third one you have to admit it posed an interesting premise. Terminator 3 went hard off the reservation.

T1 > Alien
Aliens > T2

I love both equally though, maybe even prefer Terminator slightly. The soundtrack to T1 was incredible.

Additionally, Bale is one of the greatest actors of his generation and I'm a huge fan. That's probably the only performance of his I've seen where I felt he didn't get the chance to do anything of note. Nothing stood out.
Must have been because of that lighting guy messing with Bale's performance.

T1 > Alien
Aliens > T2

I love both equally though, maybe even prefer Terminator slightly. The soundtrack to T1 was incredible.

Fiedel was touched by the hand of god as he was putting that score together.

Must have been because of that lighting guy messing with Bale's performance.

haha. Well played. I think my favorite part is when he invokes McG to back him up on the slight that the lighting guy perpetrated against him.

Bale is the man. But I do find it somewhat strange that it was that film where he got so incensed by the way his performance was being impacted by the guy being conspicuous and distracting. The lighting guy could have made himself scarce through the entire production and it still wouldn't have made that a dynamic role/movie.

If we’re counting the 3rd ones, then it’s Alien for me. Alien 3 is a decent flick with a great cast. T3 is terrible.

I voted Alien despite having watched T2 roughly 40,000 times a kid. T3 was worse than Christian Bales acting and it’s getting all kinds of support in the other thread though so I imagine this will be a tight race....

This.

Between Alien/Aliens and T1/T2 its a razor close debate. But when adding the third entries into the discussion there's a clear winner & loser.

Alien3 is bad, perhaps very bad.

T3 is one of the worst sequels of all time.

Alien 3 > Terminator 3.

The others are all close, the third movies are the tiebreaker.
Exactly my reasoning. Even a bad David Fincher movie is interesting. I don't even remember who directed T3 but the crane chase is the only memorable thing about that movie.

A3 is very underrated, because it's different. still a great movie with a special vibe. T3 is pure garbage.

Alien 1 and 2 and Terminator 1 and 2 are excellent films that are prime examples of different genres.

On the third one though, Alien is still good, but Terminator went crap.

So overall win to Alien.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far

By itself its bad.

When compared to Aliens, killing off Newt and Hicks unceremoniously off-screen, and saying Ripley's chestburster taking DAYS to gestate, and Sigorney Weaver's demand it wouldn't have any guns?

There's an argument it was very bad.

By itself its bad.

When compared to Aliens, killing off Newt and Hicks unceremoniously off-screen, and saying Ripley's chestburster taking DAYS to gestate, and Sigorney Weaver's demand it wouldn't have any guns?

There's an argument it was very bad.

What’s wrong with the alien taking days?

It took at least a day in Alien

It was also a queen alien

Not having guns is a plus.

Killing off newt and my boy hicks is dumb tho

What’s wrong with the alien taking days?
It took at least a day in Alien
'Alien' showed it taking hours, maybe a day, after the facehugger attaches, an hour or two after the victim regains conciousness.

Ripley was conscious and walking around for DAYS.

It was also a queen alien
That one line was supposed to explain a plot convenience?

It wasn't larger 'larva' within the body, or a larger chestburster.

Why couldn't the dog chestburster have been a queen?

Not having guns is a plus.

<LikeReally5>

Killing off newt and my boy hicks is dumb tho
Damn unforgivable.

And it was a royal 'Fuck You' to James Cameron because Fox wanted him to come back and write & direct Alien3 as soon as he was done with T2, and he turned it down.

Back