Media Alexander Volkavoloski 2021-2022 Fighter Of The Year

Absolute sham to shill for an upcoming PPV and the push into the Australian market post-covid lockdowns.

Dude fought basically 1 time.
No dude, technically he fought twice and basically fought three times.

The award is not for calendar year 2022, it's for July 2021 through June 2022. Volk fought Ortega in September 2021, not a couple years ago as you incorrectly suggested, then fought KZ earlier this year.

Volk-Holloway 3 *technically* doesn't count as it was on July 2 2022 but it's 2 days, so that's basically 3 fights.

Neither Cejudo's gym or AKA nominated for Gym? Khabib had pretty good year (2 champions). Also Team Fedor had a good year.

but, UFC promotion of the year! Dana White "Leading man of the year"???

What a joke.

Well deserved.

no one else came close to what he did during 21-22.

Got any suggestions?

Islam had his elite win for the belt over Charles but his other win was #15 Bobby Green.

Aljo beat Petr Yan and TJ but TJ was basically fighting one armed.
And didn't actually beat petr

you get fighter of the year for beating an over the hill Korean Zombie and a man you already beat twice?

ok

Granted he dominated Max, but KZ was a showcase fight.

I agree honestly, I won’t ever like him cause I’m a Holloway fan but I also respect his skill.

Got any suggestions?

Islam had his elite win for the belt over Charles but his other win was #15 Bobby Green.

Aljo beat Petr Yan and TJ but TJ was basically fighting one armed.

I think Perreira like someone mentioned isn't a bad choice.

Max isn't a can.
He is just worn down and someone Volk had already beat. So it isn't an earth-shattering performance.
Volk had to fight KZ, who is actually a can/journeyman at this point, while Max had to fight wars against Yair and Kattar.

Is Volk bad? Of course not.
Is he being unfairly shilled to sell tickets and PPVS in Australia? Absolutely.

Aus cards sell out no matter what. Look at the quality of cards historically -- mostly garbage, or when they've been good, it's been international fighters carrying the card. Why would the UFC damage their brand to secure a market with the population the size of California.

The more they can pin on Volk the better for Islam

Dana : " Look this guy is FW Champ, Cleaning out the Division, over 20 fight win streak, He's 2021-2022 Fighter of the year ...

What more of a champion/DC Title Contender do you want ? "

Yeah, I mean, who else was more deserving? I really can't think of one off the top of my head.

I thought pereira was a shoe in
I assume it was just the nature of how untouchable Volk looked doing it why they gave it to him. Perreira's year on paper was way better, but he definitely wasn't as totally dominant as Volk was.

He made Max & KZ look like amateurs

Fighting punch drunk guys like KZ and declining Holloway is hardly impressive.

Pereira should’ve been the pick imo. Phenomenal year for him, including dethroning a dominant champ.

The qualification period is from July 2021 to June 2022, that is what these awards are getting handed out for. It's not for all of 2022. So Pereira's KO of Izzy will be eligible for next year's awards.
Why would they do that it doesn't make any sense if true

Pereira was more deserving imo, but they could've done worse than handing it out to Volk
think of it this way, Volk didn't lose a single round this year and he only fought title fights. he gave max the worst beating of his career and max earned that title shot by beating two top 5 guys

think of it this way, Volk didn't lose a single round this year and he only fought title fights. he gave max the worst beating of his career and max earned that title shot by beating two top 5 guys

Dethroning Adesanya in an amazing comeback win after climbing to the top in such a short amount of time > Volk's accomplishments this year

On a side note, Volk better enjoy his remaining time at the top as he will be on the receiving end of a mauling very soon.

For me its out of Pereira and Volk, both have great years, hard too choose.

Dethroning Adesanya in an amazing comeback win after climbing to the top in such a short amount of time > Volk's accomplishments this year

On a side note, Volk better enjoy his remaining time at the top as he will be on the receiving end of a mauling very soon.
I disagree, alex was spoon fed favourable fights.

I know it doesn't fit perfectly because it's july to june but Oliveira beat Chandler, Poirier, Gaethje may to july.

Back