Media Alexander Volkanovski Comments On Frankie Edgar Getting a TS Before Him

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
I feel for him, I really do, but Frankie is deserves one last shot. He has less time and may never get another shot.

Kid is a great sport

hahahaha i know how you feel though, sometimes i wish i didn't have favourite fighters because i get so fucking nervous for every single matchup.

seriously though i think you're good, max is most likely going to piece him the fuck up and probably stop him.

Tell me about it! Lol, after Max's health scares before the Ortega fight, for the first 2 rounds, I literally could not breath, a little in to the 3rd I settled down when I realized my Box Max didn't go anywhere, only got better. Thanks again.

When serious people actual compare resumes or talk about p4p lists and GOAT candidates, a win over Edgar is a quality feather in his cap.

Thanks man, good to hear.

Anyone who doesn't understand how good Frankie Edgar is, isn't someone worth paying any attention to

Edgar is a great fighter and if Max can beat him it's a massive achievement, even in 2019

Bro no one in person says any of that shit. Only online. Because people would get checked pretty quickly and would look stupid as fuck. Even if Max loses, it would be his first loss at FW since 2013. When he was a boy. I think you're letting these scummy cunts on here get to you too much and you shouldn't because you're a good poster bud.

<mma1><mma1><mma1>

Ya'll real ones for this, and you're right Wombat, I don't know why, but I am letting some of these Shertards get to me, and I shouldn't. I just feel like after Max lost, the narratives from the Idiots will soon become the majority, and some will speak it as if it's a fact. Again, you're right though, I should't be paying them any attention.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate you guys. At least I know who the real ones are here. I wasn't around when Frankie fought, but I do like how highly people speak of him, and know he commands a great deal of respect, so going forward I'll try my best to tune out those who would try to tarnish his name in victory or defeat at UFC 240.

He handled it like a grown man which pays dividends in victory but especially in defeat should he lose the forthcoming match. Love or hate his style at least the guy walks the walk when it counts.

Ya'll real ones for this, and you're right Wombat, I don't know why, but I am letting some of these Shertards get to me, and I shouldn't. I just feel like after Max lost, the narratives from the Idiots will soon become the majority, and some will speak it as if it's a fact. Again, you're right though, I should't be paying them any attention.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate you guys. At least I know who the real ones are here. I wasn't around when Frankie fought, but I do like how highly people speak of him, and know he commands a great deal of respect, so going forward I'll try my best to tune out those who would try to tarnish his name in victory or defeat at UFC 240.
100%! Im probably Bobby's biggest fan on here and look at the shit he gets. I know when he loses there will be the threads Robs shit, he was gifted a decision, Yoel ruined his career, he ducks hard competition....there already is! Some people actually believe he is a duck because he fought Yoel the scariest guy in the sports history twice.....and won. On here no one is good and were never good. Its better to have fun with it, troll the trolls and let it slide off your back.

Frankie was and is still epic. Anyone who can make the top 10 in the hardest org in the world are obviously good at what they do. There are levels even there but doesn't mean that because you're second best you're shit. This rhetoric that you must be undefeated, talk enough shit to promote the fight and put on the most dominating fight every fight is pretty hilarious.

Keep your head up bro, Max isn't over because he lost to a much bigger guy on a roll. He had the nuts to go up, he still is FW king for some time.

As Holloway's biggest fan, I don't know how I feel about this, I want Max to bounce back, but not like this, and should Frankie get the W, Max's Legacy at FW and in the P4P Rankings will be in Jeopardy

I'll be happy for Max, of course, but I know he'll face backlash even in Victory, and Hardcore fans will hold it against him.
Hopefully the loss @ 155 was a wake up call for Max that he can't move up in weight successfully. I mean, he didn't even face Khabib or Tony, but the #3 155er.

Max needs to suck it up and be more disciplined and stop gaining weight between camps. Make a 3-4 year plan to retire and then stay in shape 100% of the time during those years, not eating or drinking anything delicious. It will be miserable as fuck, but then he can retire the GOAT at 145 and balloon up to 250 if he wants.

aldo has shown that he has great takedowns, and he failed and it even led to the finish in the 1st fight. granted aldo was already tired and hurt but still.

has edgar fought anyone similar to max? with that kind of output/cardio/chin/boxing? edgar hasn't really done anything impressive in the last couple years, outclassed by aldo, boring unimpressive decision over stephens who has the most losses in UFC history, beats yair who wasn't ready for that kind of step up, knocked dead by ortega, and has another lackluster decision over the ghost of cub.

i think holloway pieces him up and possibly gets a finish, and does it fairly easily.

I wouldn't say so, he has good takedowns but he's a striker and rarely ever uses his grappling. I feel like you think i'm rooting for Edgar. I'm not rooting for either of them, I just thought your post was weird in how you were so confident in Max when he's not fought anyone like Edgar. It reminds me of people before Dustin vs Max 2.

100%! Im probably Bobby's biggest fan on here and look at the shit he gets. I know when he loses there will be the threads Robs shit, he was gifted a decision, Yoel ruined his career, he ducks hard competition....there already is! Some people actually believe he is a duck because he fought Yoel the scariest guy in the sports history twice.....and won. On here no one is good and were never good. Its better to have fun with it, troll the trolls and let it slide off your back.

Frankie was and is still epic. Anyone who can make the top 10 in the hardest org in the world are obviously good at what they do. There are levels even there but doesn't mean that because you're second best you're shit. This rhetoric that you must be undefeated, talk enough shit to promote the fight and put on the most dominating fight every fight is pretty hilarious.

Keep your head up bro, Max isn't over because he lost to a much bigger guy on a roll. He had the nuts to go up, he still is FW king for some time.

I hear you man. I like Robert Whittaker as well, but I won't claim to be a super fan. He's my Favorite Middleweight but I know ther are more serious Rob fans, so I can only imagine what goes through your head when people use the Romero fight against him.

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't a fan of him pulling out of his last two Championship bout, and was in the camp of stripping him. He's just got bad luck in his own country, which sucks, and has only fought 2 times in 2 years.

Roberts legit, and I'd argue anyone with a brain knows, going 10 rounds and surving the ABSOLUTE BOMBS Romer threw at him is something his haters can't take away from him.

Yes those fights took a lot out of him, but I think it's more of a testament to his heart more than anything.

I feel once he gets back onto a more consistent fight schedule and can work on his health problems, people will be reminded why he's the Middleweight Champion. Robs got a lot of things going for him, just needs to get back in it.

I never got the Frankie thing

Casuals never liked his pitter patter point fighting split decision style, he was the lowest drawing champion before the lower weight classes and WMMA were added and they keep feeding him title shots almost a decade after, I really really don’t get it

They'll probably put the champion vs Volkanovski on the Whittaker Israel card anyways. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I still think Volk is a much tougher fight than Edgar, and Frankie isn't even an easy match up

Volk is a stronger version of Frankie, less speed, more power, better kicks imo.

A similar type of fighter but a different variation. And age is on his side in terms of the fight game.

Frankie is a tough fight for anyone imo, but, Max, even with the loss to Dustin, is a monster and I think he's gonna come out looking to put Edgar down. Pretty sure we'll get Alex vs Volk in October'ish

I never got the Frankie thing

Casuals never liked his pitter patter point fighting split decision style, he was the lowest drawing champion before the lower weight classes and WMMA were added and they keep feeding him title shots almost a decade after, I really really don’t get it

A) he's one of the greatest fighters in the sports history, not just at LW or FW, in every division.
B) He's beaten everyone in the division they've put him in front of outside of Aldo and Ortega.
C) He should have had the shot already, maybe its slightly "undeserving" right now, but, when you account for his body of work and the fact that he has very little time left in the fight game, then, he should get the shot. It's a fight we've been scheduled to see on multiple occasions before. It's a fresh fight for both fighters.

I hear you man. I like Robert Whittaker as well, but I won't claim to be a super fan. He's my Favorite Middleweight but I know ther are more serious Rob fans, so I can only imagine what goes through your head when people use the Romero fight against him.

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't a fan of him pulling out of his last two Championship bout, and was in the camp of stripping him. He's just got bad luck in his own country, which sucks, and has only fought 2 times in 2 years.

Roberts legit, and I'd argue anyone with a brain knows, going 10 rounds and surving the ABSOLUTE BOMBS Romer threw at him is something his haters can't take away from him.

Yes those fights took a lot out of him, but I think it's more of a testament to his heart more than anything.

I feel once he gets back onto a more consistent fight schedule and can work on his health problems, people will be reminded why he's the Middleweight Champion. Robs got a lot of things going for him, just needs to get back in it.
Yeah I agree. I said that if he couldn't fight before June/July strip him and just give him a TS when he returns. But now I'm ok because Izzy deserves a break after fighting like 6 times in just over a year.

Considering that whole blood infection. It’s better this way. Quick turnaround fights with big stakes are a scary proposition. Like Cowboy’s fight with Tony.

They'll probably put the champion vs Volkanovski on the Whittaker Israel card anyways. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I still think Volk is a much tougher fight than Edgar, and Frankie isn't even an easy match up

Max's two toughest FW opponents are potentially going to be back to back. Oddly enough, I find a Volkanovski vs. Edgar match up as interesting, if not more interesting than volkanovski vs. Max.

Last edited:
I like his attitude, even though he deserves it, he really didn't do much in his last fight to demand it either.

in a way its good for him, he gets time to recover and prepare since his title shot is all but guaranteed

Tell me about it! Lol, after Max's health scares before the Ortega fight, for the first 2 rounds, I literally could not breath, a little in to the 3rd I settled down when I realized my Box Max didn't go anywhere, only got better. Thanks again.

Thanks man, good to hear.

<mma1><mma1><mma1>

You weren't around when frankie fought? when did you come around as a fan? He's been top 10 for the past decade, and he STILL is top ten. He was tearing through feather weight just a few years ago.

I'm not making fun of you by the way. I'm just confused how a fan of Max and the FW division doesn't seem to understand the amount of respect that is attached with beating a guy like Edgar.

You weren't around when frankie fought? when did you come around as a fan? He's been top 10 for the past decade, and he STILL is top ten. He was tearing through feather weight just a few years ago.

I'm not making fun of you by the way. I'm just confused how a fan of Max and the FW division doesn't seem to understand the amount of respect that is attached with beating a guy like Edgar.

It's okay, I figured you didn't mean it disparagingly, it's hard to tell through textsometimes, but I'd like to think I have a good sense on the tone someone's using, so trust me, I didn't take it that way.

I got into the UFC when McGregor fought Diaz in the rematch at 202. I followed the build up, became a fan of the sport, and have been following it religiously since. I saw every PPV after.

Don't get me wrong I know about Frankie Edgar. I saw his fight vs Yair where he essentially took the kids soul. I specifically remember him saying during the build up that he was gonna "pump the brakes" as Yair was riding a lot of hype, and MAN, first bad kick Yair threw, Edgar pounced on him, and it was CLEAR Yair didn't have an answer for the wrestling and got FUCKED up.

I saw him fight Ortega and was firmly in the camp of him boxing Ortega up for 3 rounds. Obviously the fight didn't go that way, unfortunately for Frankie, but I had a tremendous amount of respect for him taking the fight on short notice, something Ortega refused to do when in a similar position. So I'll always respect Frankie Edgar.

@Mortal Wombat was right, I just started letting the haters get to me, and the narratives they'd try to spin after the fight, that's all.

Almost lost myself and let the haters get to me, I know Frankie is a beast, just got a little caught up buying in to the usual Shertard narratives.

Yawn

Nice gyys finish last

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back