• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alexander Emelianenko vs Mikhail Koklyaev

John Schultz

I am a piss belt now
Banned
Reaction score
Alexander Emelianenko vs Mikhail Koklyaev

Your thoughts?

Emelianenko bloodied him with a thrown hat? Man is brutal, what more to say.

Koklayev is a famous Russian strong man/ Olympic weight lifter, basically the Pujianowski of Russia and he called Aleks out when Aleks said that weight lifters cant fight for shit. The Russian media jumped all over it and now they're fighting on Nov 29. It's a freakshow but as Masvidal says its #supernecessary. So far Aleks drew blood first.

Last edited:
Interesting that Mikhail Koklyaev is wearing the shirt from Fedor's team. Is that a jab at Aleks to remind him of his brother? Or is he training there?

Interesting that Mikhail Koklyaev is wearing the shirt from Fedor's team. Is that a jab at Aleks to remind him of his brother? Or is he training there?

That's true i have no idea why hes wearing Fedors team T-shirt would be good if some Russian posters could tell us all about the beef they've got.

What about the power and quick reflexs of Alexander just throwing a hat cut Mikhail.

I'm not sure I get what Koklyaev is trying to do. He's gonna get humiliated quick (if Aleks shows mercy) or have a very long bad night (if Aleks decides to punish him).
Hopefully he gets a big check for the beating he's gonna take.

I'm not sure I get what Koklyaev is trying to do. He's gonna get humiliated quick (if Aleks shows mercy) or have a very long bad night (if Aleks decides to punish him).
Hopefully he gets a big check for the beating he's gonna take.

Maybe he really doesn't understand the difference between a big strong guy and a professional fighter. He might be that arrogant/delusional. Maybe he has trained some. I know nothing about him besides this video.

Koklayev is a famous Russian strong man, basically the Pujianowski of Russia and he called Aleks out when Aleks said that weight lifters cant fight for shit. The Russian media jumped all over it and now they're fighting on Nov 29. It's a freakshow but as Masvidal says its #supernecessary. So far Aleks drew blood first.
Misha is awesome. He's one of the most well-rounded strength athletes out there. He was a good olympic weightlifter, won several Russian championship as a SHW, but had plenty of issues with his federation so he decided to do strongman and powerlifting instead. He made a comeback but his time had passed.
I heard about their fight a week ago and was hoping it was fake news tbh. I think he's making a big fucking mistake but I'll be cheering for him. He's a cool guy with a lot of frustration and disappointments regarding his oly career so I hope he manages to use AE as therapy lol

A little trick with 640lbs :eek:

So it’s only boxing?
Even though the advantage is always with the mma guy on the ground in these freak shows.... this might be the one exception. Aleks doesn’t play on the ground at all, and at least Misha is strong.

Yeah what the fuck is that all about ?

Kind of a jab, he also asked Aleks about the relationship between him and Fedya and offered to reconcile the two, but Aleks said he spoke with Fedya and they they both agreed they had no ill feeling with one another but that they are both busy and haven’t had time to meet yet.

Mikhail has been training with Artem Levin And Shlemenko and his team recently, his trainer is Armenian Boxer Edgar ghukasyan. But I think Aleks will destroy him with ease.

judging by Misha's media activity he is not a pleasant person at all, I see nothing extraordinary in him picking a fight. This being an official match, on the other hand, is an epitome of modern hype culture

Koklayev is a famous Russian strong man, basically the Pujianowski of Russia and he called Aleks out when Aleks said that weight lifters cant fight for shit. The Russian media jumped all over it and now they're fighting on Nov 29. It's a freakshow but as Masvidal says its #supernecessary. So far Aleks drew blood first.

He might be strong, but he is also kind of slow, which is the norm with strongmen - unless he brings a sword, I don't see him winning - he doesn't have the speed, while their weight is not that far off. Bob Sapp beat a world-class striker in his early fights, but he was also twice as heavy as the other guy - in this case, I just don't see how this dude can pull it off, as much as I despise Alex.

Dude fucked him up with a hat!!! No way his face is gonna hold up to some fists.

Back