• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alex Pereira vs Jan Błachowicz set for UFC 291 in Salt Lake City, July 29

Who wins?

• Total voters
Lol Yan and Pereira at altitude...gas fest by round 3

Pereira probably has the best striking out’ve anyone Jan has fought. I hope Jan is willing to use his grappling so we can see was Alex has to offer there. Should be a good fight.

Jan has a weird way of occasionally losing badly but then pulling off really good performances at unexpected times. His fights aren’t easy to predict.
Alex has some of the worst defense I’ve seen. Did you watch the Bruno Silva fight? He often just backs up in a straight line with his hands down with his chin up in the air. Izzy isn’t exactly known for power yet he hurt Alex in both mma fights. If the tough weight cut isnt why Alex kept on getting hurt by his power then Alex will have issues moving up. What really worries me is the way he was finished in his last fight. I think this is too early a turnaround. To face even harder hitting opponents like that after getting ko’d at the age of 36 (his bday is early july) is a risky combination. You are completely on the money in regards to Jan’s inconsistency he’s no spring chicken either. At his age he could experiencing a steep decline at any moment, who knows however he may be just like Glover.

Kind of like Jan in this fight. He should be able to take down Pereira and do damage from the top. And Jan has the better chin. Pereira, while dangerous as fuck with his own strikes, fights with his hands low and his head high. Coming off a brutal KO, going up in weight, and facing a power puncher like Jan might be a bad mix. He'll obviously have a big quickness advantage but if he eats one square it might be over.

You don't age the same over time in terms of athletic ability in your mid to late 30s, years start becoming a very significant marker of time and you tend to depreciate in ability increasingly more, there's pretty thorough studies and statistics on this.

But you laugh? Just makes you seem like a moron <45>

Not everyone is the same though sir.

Jan should be able to easily hold down Pereira and get a decision

No, just the vast majority of athletes are. It's a good fight but a fighter being 40 is hard to ignore.

I agree, but there's always outliers.
Matt Brown is the perfect example tbf.

Sometimes I feel like the mental side bites athletes before the physical.

If Jan could take down Izzy with ease he can take down Alex.

Jan arguably has best kick defense besides Alex himself.

I dont see how Alex wins this.

It’s an interesting fight for sure. Jan’s lowkick-check-game is on point and he used to train with former GLORY light-heavyweight champion Sergej Maslobojev to prepare for strikers.
It would be wise for Jan to hire him again to prepare for Alex

Jan is going to take him down and brutalize him in short order, I'd wager. Tough matchup for Alex.

This favors Jan. He’s really good at checking kicks and has the grappling to give Alex big problems. Add in the fact Alex got KO’d badly recently and he could be a bit chinny in there.

If Jan tries any of his rushing flurries he tries quite often he will get face planted though.

Back