• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Alex Pereira meets Badr Hari

Who wins if they were to fight (open weight) ?

• Total voters
Tbh I think the controversial things Badr did in the past that were held against him by many people for a long time were made bigger than they really are. A long time ago when he was younger he indeed did fight in a club a few times and stuff like that. I know that’s not good, he’s a professional and he’s not supposed to use his hands like that. But come on, when you’re a young dude that’s just getting famous and you get challenged by some random folks in a club, I can imagine you let them know not to mess with you. I feel like those actions, though they’re absolutely not right, are still getting brought up way to much just to talk down on the guy. It’s not like he raped someone or something like that

That being said, these things happened in the past like 10 years ago, and since then and right now to me Badr seems like a nice and sincere guy with his mind and heart in the right place, for example building schools and hospitals in Morocco without asking (and getting) any media attention for it. He’s also always straight to the point and just says what he thinks, no acts, just real talk.
That’s why I respect him so much, cause nowadays a lot of the times that’s not the case with people that famous.
I really like that about Badr, therefore I’m a fan (plus he’s never in a boring fight ;))
If you’ve seen some interviews or documentaries of Badr you would know what I mean, but I know a lot of people didn’t, so they just know what the media said about him and don’t really know who Badr Hari really is.

The footstomp on Remy Bonjasky’s head in the 2008 K1 WGP-final was stupid though, and rightfully got Badr disqualified. If it wasn’t for that he could’ve been K1 WGP champion!
After all Badr will always be a Bad Boy:)

Sorry, but he's a punk and a bully. He would get shot in the face and I wouldn't give a fuck.

Sorry, but he's a punk and a bully. He would get shot in the face and I wouldn't give a fuck.
Badr is linked and sponsored by Hells Angels in the past and has most definitely beat a lot of people for money related incidents in the past. He isn't the bad boy for nothing.

Which is normal in the Netherlands. Kickboxers get recruited and used as muscle for crimebosses. There is a lot of money to be made in the drugtrade here. Because of the harbors we have we're one of the first transitpoints where 1000's of KG's of coke get imported. A lot of people are involved in that. Including loads of Morrocans. Just being a morro in most "bad" neighbourhoods gets places gets you jobs. Knowing and associating with criminals gets you status.

I've personally got people in my circle that have been caught with millions at a time. It's weed, coke or pills here. With all the customers, rippers and Police a like.

Last edited:
The fact Badr actually defeated prime Schilt just goes to show what a powerhouse he was in his prime. And then the GP final with him and Semmy was awesome. Semmy evened the score. Those were awesome times for kickboxing

Badr vs prime Hoost would have been a crazy fight. Hari was one of those guys who was legitimately capable of beating anyone in history at his best. It took powerhouses to defeat Hari at his best.
That would’ve been insane man, prime Badr vs prime Hoost. Might’ve delivered one of the most technical heavyweight-kickboxing fights ever, just like Hari vs Bonjasky and Hari vs Ignashov did

to be honest i don't really follow kickboxing closely anymore since the old K-1 days and i didn't even know GLORY had those 3 Americans you said. like Joe Schilling and Raymond Daniels are good but they're not exactly stars in America.

i guess what i meant was they need someone who is like a superstar in the making. Americans always like fighters who are talkers. they need someone like that. a guy who can talk a good game on the mic AND back it up in the ring in spectacular fashion. i also think like you said there's not a lot of American talent in kickboxing. most Americans will focus on MMA or boxing and even those sports are watered down because the big 3 sports in America are NFL/NBA/MLB.
Yeah having a guy who talks a big game definitely helps, a guy like Conor or Colby, and at the moment I can’t think of anyone like that in GLORY.

Aside of that, do you really think it’s necessary to have big American names in the sport of kickboxing in order to be attractive to the US-based audience? When they’ve guys who are mondial well known big names, wouldn’t they also draw attention from American fans?
For example, do you think if GLORY does a big event in MSG with names like Badr Hari, Rico Verhoeven, Alistair Overeem, etc. it wouldn’t do good numbers/sell-out ?

Yeah having a guy who talks a big game definitely helps, a guy like Conor or Colby, and at the moment I can’t think of anyone like that in GLORY.

Aside of that, do you really think it’s necessary to have big American names in the sport of kickboxing in order to be attractive to the US-based audience? When they’ve guys who are mondial well known big names, wouldn’t they also draw attention from American fans?
For example, do you think if GLORY does a big event in MSG with names like Badr Hari, Rico Verhoeven, Alistair Overeem, etc. it wouldn’t do good numbers/sell-out ?

i think Conor proved it's not necessary to be American to become a superstar in America, but i look at Glory the same way i look at boxing. you really need charisma, at least now a days, to sell fights in America. Deontay Wilder for example is a generational talent in HW boxing especially for America right now, but nobody even really gives a fuck about him. sure, a lot of people know him, but they don't know him like they know Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali because he's not as charismatic as those 2. the same thing with Joe Schilling and Raymond Daniels, those guys have styles that should be selling out arenas but nobody cares in America.

i do think if Glory put an event with big names like you said it would do well but the problem is Badr and Overeem are old. i don't really have a definitive answer like "i think this will definitely work" but they really need to put in the work on promoting the way Pride did. like make the fighters larger than life characters and plaster it all over social media and American cable TV. i feel like kickboxing even in K-1 days was never promoted much in America.

i'm sure Adesanya is decently famous in America and that's all because of the UFC even though he had a pretty prolific kickboxing career.

i think Conor proved it's not necessary to be American to become a superstar in America, but i look at Glory the same way i look at boxing. you really need charisma, at least now a days, to sell fights in America. Deontay Wilder for example is a generational talent in HW boxing especially for America right now, but nobody even really gives a fuck about him. sure, a lot of people know him, but they don't know him like they know Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali because he's not as charismatic as those 2. the same thing with Joe Schilling and Raymond Daniels, those guys have styles that should be selling out arenas but nobody cares in America.

i do think if Glory put an event with big names like you said it would do well but the problem is Badr and Overeem are old. i don't really have a definitive answer like "i think this will definitely work" but they really need to put in the work on promoting the way Pride did. like make the fighters larger than life characters and plaster it all over social media and American cable TV. i feel like kickboxing even in K-1 days was never promoted much in America.

i'm sure Adesanya is decently famous in America and that's all because of the UFC even though he had a pretty prolific kickboxing career.
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah as it looks now GLORY should try to invest in the European market. More recently they’ve been focusing on Germany for example, signing a lot of German fighters (who bring fans/an audience). They’ll probably go to France for an event in May, and then there’re still plenty of countries they can try (harder).
Although, doing a big event in the US keeps striking me as a very cool idea;)

mmmmmmmmmmm

that's a trick question if Pereira can bead Badr... while size is a big factor his recent performances were awful. i'd lean towards pereira because of mileage but a healthy, prime Badr beats anyone.

Well, GLORY has done quite some events in the USA, in venues like the Wintrust Arena etc.
One time Mike Tyson was there to hand over Rico Verhoeven the belt after defending his title against Errol Zimmerman. Joe Rogan also attended the event.
But like you’re saying, they never really broke through in the USA. Anyone may guess why, because most of the times kickboxing is nonstop all-action. It’s probably because the sport lacks American stars, though it looks like GLORY and their fighters gained quite some interest from the American audience the last few years. Don’t you think if they try it again, they would find much more succes this time around?

I can tell you European events are amazing too! But I still want to go to the USA atleast one time, that’s for sure. And I’m definitely attending a big card if I get the chance:D
Something like IFW in July would be awesome!
Esp if GLORY comes back to NY i am there!

Kickboxing? I guess I'd lean Badr, think he's just a bit too big for Alex. On a side note, can't believe Hari is still only 38. Dudes got some city miles on him.
Maybe all those PEDs and wild livin' aged him. His rap sheet is almost as long as Jason "Mayhem" Miller's.

Back