Alex has DESTROYED Chad, Aldo AND Max in less than a YEAR!

Whole world's turning mad these days you see the UK protests after Boris won, all those fucking weirdos prancing about not my PM, well yes you fuckwit he is your PM, was even funnier when Morrison got up and all the smug cunt celebrities over here started crying on twitter.

Morrison is the guy who hates the environment yea?
Likes coal power nearly as much as bushfires?

Wouldnt call the aldo and max victories "destructions". He walled and stalled for 1/3 of the aldo fight and won by outpointing him. Beat holloway due to shitty leg kicks that anyone can do (most dont because they know its a shitty way to win).

Morrison is the guy who hates the environment yea?
Likes coal power nearly as much as bushfires?
Nah he's a true Aussie unit, he loves the environment enough to exploit it to send shit tonnes overseas.

Wouldnt call the aldo and max victories "destructions". He walled and stalled for 1/3 of the aldo fight and won by outpointing him. Beat holloway due to shitty leg kicks that anyone can do (most dont because they know its a shitty way to win).

Lol

Nah he's a true Aussie unit, he loves the environment enough to exploit it to send shit tonnes overseas.

So Aussies are all assholes then?
All that sun, wind n water n they still burn coal..... Wtf is wrong with that place

So Aussies are all assholes then?
All that sun, wind n water n they still burn coal..... Wtf is wrong with that place
Yeah nah mate, we're fucking 'Strayans, greatest units on the planet so better belt up cunt. But yes all our politicians are right fuckwits, hardly a uniquely Australian situation though.

Yeah nah mate, we're fucking 'Strayans, greatest units on the planet so better belt up cunt. But yes all our politicians are right fuckwits, hardly a uniquely Australian situation though.

I concur

"DESTROYED" is probably the OP's subjective way of saying "SHUTDOWN".
Alex poetically beat Max and Aldo by shutting down both their game plans and what they do best. In my opinion, that is one of if not the best ways to actually beat an opponent in martial arts.
Don't get me wrong I love seeing fighters getting KOs and Subs as they are much flashier and more impactful in nature.

Yes, now Joe Rogan can start calling him the consensus GOAT.

@Mortal Wombat I'm here bro and I've been here all fucking day takin care of these Volk hating scrubs.
Had to spend a couple of hours earlier making Volk naysayers eat crow, but with that mission complete, I'm sitting back quietly celebrating our brand new champion.
He nearly got robbed by the corrupt Vegas commission, but even those pricks couldn't keep our man down.
Look at this Robbery of a score card.
alexander-volkanovski-max-holloway-ufc-245-scorecard.jpg

Mike Bell and Chris Lee should be banned from judging every again. Nonetheless, our boy prevailed.

No doubt in my mind he is one of the smartest fighters in the game currently and he showed it.

Just like Whittaker before him, he is a rightful and well deserving champ, and a true ambassador of the sport to the world. A role model for the rest of the upcoming mmartists also.
War Volk. I'll always be a fan.

0b38da3dbfb59bf4a6220bbdec08a9a2
I was surprised at 48-47, 50-45 was more like it. No way Max came close to winning that fight.
TS isn't that smart.
Dont make me DESTROY you subby
Thanks, man. It's a tough question. My thought was that someone could use Volk's relentless pressure and aggression against him if they had really sharp counterpunching. That said, I only recall Mendes and his power really getting Volk into a bad spot, and his recovery was so good that it did not matter in the vast scheme of things.

Beyond that, Volk just looked sharp as ever in the earlygoing of the title fight last night. His aggression was there but he was also poised and controlled. His stance, his defense, his overall striking game was thoroughly on point. And when he would land his big shots, either his low kicks or head strikes, he did not force the issue and abandon the disciplined game in a wild quest for the finish.

Max's grappling defense was great. But, in my opinion, he did not land with enough regularity or enough power to really halt Volk's strategy. As you said, the body shots seemed to be paying dividends late in the fight. I think that was a good adjustment on his part and it would no doubt be part of the strategy in the rematch. But, again, he did not even appear to hurt Volk to the extent that he could do his typical overwhelm-the-opponent-with combinations style that has helped to make him such a success. Max needed that moment where he stumbled or staggered Volk or had him trapped against the cage where he could uncork shots and it just never came. Volk was too good with his movement, the speed of his strikes, and his overall defense.

Honestly, I really like the notion of a fight between Volk and Zabit for the belt. Zabit has the grappling talent to avoid Volk's takedowns and the innovative striking to at least make it somewhat intriguing in the early going. That said, Volk is a cardio machine and Zabit does not seem to have much in the tank beyond the first couple of rounds.
Zabit is the one I'm worried about getting an early finish. Good post though. Volks ability to land what he wants and then lands on the way out while his opponents try to counter and shutting out any competition is insane.
I'm an American, and I don't know why this thread turned into an American bashing parade simply because Colby lost. I don't mind Colby's schtick, but have always said he (and Usman for that matter) are pretty dull fighters. GSP was probably somewhere laughing at their great display of Billy Blanks Tae-Bo kickboxing.

I picked Max to win, but was pleasantly surprised by Volkanovski. He's always been impressive, but yesterday he left no doubt who the better fighter was. I don't even think the fight was competitive. I thought it was an easy 50-45 win for Volkanovski and was completely baffled by Cormier pretending the fight was too tough to call. Volkanovski had a great game plan. He attacked the legs and countered on nearly every exchange, which nullified Max's volume.Then he actually began coming forward, and getting the better of Max too.

And if I do say so, it has been a pleasure to watch Aussie MMA fighters bloom into what they are. They're all highly skilled, and they seem like genuine good guys that you could have a beer with.
Dude I love America just dont like douchebags regardless of race. Conor, Colby, Jones and George Immadickopolous to name a few. I think Colby and Usman would probably beat Gsp. The competition at WW is so much more talented these days. Josh K and Matt Hughes compared to them now? Gsp gets massively overrated on here imo. one of the best though.
@Combat Wombatt

1. I’m an even BIGGER fan of Colby after last nights performance. The dude took it to Marty from start to finish, fought through a serious injury, had Marty take fake injury stoppages when he was breaking, and showed why America is the greatest country in the world: True grit, aggression, and heart. Marty fought like a dirty opportunistic parasite. Colby was minutes away from winning and he’ll be back. Steel heart.

2. I don’t like Volks style of point fighting but I’ve always said he’s the best fighter to maximize his limited attributes. His post fight speech of saying he’s “not in the game for money fights but to take deserving contenders” definitely won me over. An old school approach like that from a champ is what MMA needs! Truly refreshing.

Good to see you humbled wand. Must agree with you though that fighting through a broken jaw was hard as nailz. If Colby didn't run out the arena and tweet excuses I would have respected him much more. Take it like a man and move on.
Not to test positive at all or not to have any champs test positive?
Pretty sure zero violations from either country's fighters.
As an Aussie , that's weak. Aldo was a shell is Mendes even ranked anymore? Love Volk and I'm going to go watch him live, but lets see him against some young blood please, Max was good, now let him clear out the division
Alex retired Chad and sent Aldo packing to another weightclass. What he has done in a year is possibly better than any other fighter in history. Prepared to be proven wrong I just cant think of a better year with that quality of opponents. So yeah to all the sensitive folk in this thread.

x-UHSZ.gif

I was surprised at 48-47, 50-45 was more like it. No way Max came close to winning that fight.

Dont make me DESTROY you subby

Zabit is the one I'm worried about getting an early finish. Good post though. Volks ability to land what he wants and then lands on the way out while his opponents try to counter and shutting out any competition is insane.

Dude I love America just dont like douchebags regardless of race. Conor, Colby, Jones and George Immadickopolous to name a few. I think Colby and Usman would probably beat Gsp. The competition at WW is so much more talented these days. Josh K and Matt Hughes compared to them now? Gsp gets massively overrated on here imo. one of the best though.

Good to see you humbled wand. Must agree with you though that fighting through a broken jaw was hard as nailz. If Colby didn't run out the arena and tweet excuses I would have respected him much more. Take it like a man and move on.

Pretty sure zero violations from either country's fighters.

Alex retired Chad and sent Aldo packing to another weightclass. What he has done in a year is possibly better than any other fighter in history. Prepared to be proven wrong I just cant think of a better year with that quality of opponents. So yeah to all the sensitive folk in this thread.

x-UHSZ.gif

I think Alex Gorgees failed a test at some point, might be wrong.

Back