• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alex Gustafsson and his Many Eye Pokes (Some leading to KO's right after) How has it gone Unnoticed?

More cultural appropriation by the white supremacist west!

ImpossibleDopeyBats-size_restricted.gif

I'm glad he won, but I hated that he was constantly reaching forward with his fingertips and the ref was doing nothing about it.

Glover Teixeira saw ‘three’ Alexander Gustafssons after eye poke, but has 'no excuses'

"an early unintentional eye poke may have played a big factor in the contest.

"If I tell you that that didn’t disturb me, that’s a lie,” Teixeira said. "Everybody knows, a fighter or not, that getting poked in the eye like that, it was strong, so that disturbed me. But if I had gotten knocked out right after that, I’d definitely blame it. I went back in there without seeing anything. I was seeing three Gustafssons. It was all blurry, but I thought I’d have five minutes (to recover).

"I don’t know if you saw this, but I told the (referee) ‘of course I’ll come back to fight, but I need a time to, I don’t know, rub my eyes, wait to recover’. But he said ‘you get no time, you get no time. Or you’re good to come back or you’re not.’”

"Regardless, I think that, the way he was fighting, the speed… he was better, I couldn’t find him,” Teixeira said. "After my eye got better, I couldn’t find him. The result would really have been the same. Maybe not the knockout, a closer fight, but the result would have been the same.

"Congratulations to Gustafsson. He fought me in the best shape of my life, no injuries whatsoever. I have no excuses."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/2...fsson-after-eye-poke-has-excuses-for-loss-ufc

How long is Gus' consecutive eyepoke match list?

Back