• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Aleksandar Rakic claims Jimi Manuwa tried to sucker punched him at UFC London, Manuwa responds

You thought the high school dropout gangster who went to prison was a chill dude?

<JagsKiddingMe>
Tbf I didn't even know about that lol, thanks for the info.
I just remember other fighters saying they had positive encounters with him, but I guess the reality is he's a bit of a dickhead

Tbf I didn't even know about that lol, thanks for the info.
I just remember other fighters saying they had positive encounters with him, but I guess the reality is he's a bit of a dickhead

Sweet Avi!

I bet now he wished he dropped a follow up shot when he had the chance instead of walking away like a real professional. I'm totally against the grain here, especially these days and it's super unrealistic for many obvious reasons, but I wish in the UFC contracts they had talking shit on social media against the rules, kinda like how TUF fighters have to keep quiet. Or Sherdog had a "non news social media" forum cause it's like half the threads these days. I know I know, super unrealistic, but for me personally it would shed so much of the nonsense that is now the mma norm and sifting through the forums for decent threads is tiring. I mean Conor stubs his toe and it's 17 threads, can he come back from this?! One can dream =/

Last edited:
Jimi is a man of his word.
I think going to social media to complain about it is worse.

And this is different than Masdival/Colby. Masdival had 25 minutes to legally almost do whatever he wanted to Colby and he lost the fight. Masdival then became a sore lose because he couldn't take Colby's celebration and made up an excuse about Colby talking about his family when in reality Masdival couldn't handle the loss and assaulted Colby out of nowhere with a group of people.

In this situation Rakic decided to run his mouth online, jimi said he going to slap him when he saw him in person, Jimi did that. Rakic got a full gentleman's warning about what was going to happen. Jimi didn't want to be a liar.
And it wasn't a sucker punch because it wasn't a punch. It was a slap and it landed.

The only thing worse than grown men who get into fights in public on the street..

are professional fighters who get into fight in public on the streets..

pathetic.

Manuwa is a joke, he acts really tough when he's with his boys but doesn't do anything alone

What did Rakic do to Manuwa do this? He talked shit online apparently, what did he say about Manuwa online?

It honestly sounds like Rakic dreamt this or just made it up. If this had actually happened at the O2 Arena last night as he claims, there would have been video of the altercation, especially since he was sitting near the octagon and he said security stepped in to break it up. Also, Rakic waiting a day later to post this is strange. He was posting other stories to Instagram in the meantime. Given that Rakic is facing a long rehab from injury, he is probably looking for a way to keep his name in the MMA news. He saw that Manuwa was in attendance yesterday, then he concocted this story later.
You didn't delete this post when it was stupid. You gonna delete it now that is stupid AND wrong?

LMK,
It honestly sounds like Rakic dreamt this or just made it up. If this had actually happened at the O2 Arena last night as he claims, there would have been video of the altercation, especially since he was sitting near the octagon and he said security stepped in to break it up. Also, Rakic waiting a day later to post this is strange. He was posting other stories to Instagram in the meantime. Given that Rakic is facing a long rehab from injury, he is probably looking for a way to keep his name in the MMA news. He saw that Manuwa was in attendance yesterday, then he concocted this story later.
Thats the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. Are u jimis mom ?

but Jimi didn't have a cute little catch phrase like the incredibly funny 'three piece and a soda' if he did we'd be having a different conversation. lol
Three piece soda ? Thats brilliant ! The laughter will never end

Jimi has a bit of a history, including being jailed for burglary.

Definitely wouldn't say its normal 'British' behaviour like others have posted already.
There not bad per se there just british

He is no Lee Murray
Definitely not. I just remeber people saying he rolled with a group of guys that were pretty shady. Murray was a true gangster.

In the video response Aco calls Manuwa "Mr Still Sleep"

giphy_s.gif

Back